Add and manage different Policy Rules which you can use for different monetization method. Select a specific rule while adding a monetization method (i.e. PPV , PPV Bundle, Voucher etc.) You can add rules for content access duration, video resolution (i.e. HD, SD), number of views and watch duration. You can apply the rules to a specific monetization plan where you can allow your users to watch HD/SD video, limit their content access period, number of views and/or watch period. You can add as many rules as you want for different monetization plans.
How to Enable Policy
First, you need to enable policy in settings.
- Go to “Manage Content” --> “Settings” in your CMS
- Select the check box “Enable Policy” under “Policy”
- Click on “Save”
Adding Policy Rules
After enabling Policy, you can view “Policy Rules” menu in your CMS. You can add as many rules as you want for different monetization plans.
- To add new rules, go to “Policy Rules” -->”Add Rule” in your CMS
- In the “Rule Name” field, type a name for the rule.
- Type a short description about the rule in the “Short Description” field.
- In the "Access Duration" filed, mention for how long content can be accessed by users. You can mention the access duration in "Minutes", "Days" and "Months". If you will mention 2 days, then the users can access the content for 2 days after purchasing it.
- In the “Resolution” field, select the type of resolution from the drop-down (HD/SD). If you will select HD, then your uses will view videos in HD resolution.
- Mention the number of views in the "Views" filed. If you will mention 3, then the users can watch a video for 3 times after purchasing it.
- In the "Watch Duration" field, mention the watch duration in "Minutes", "Hours" and "Days". If you will mention 10 hours, then the users can watch a video only for 10 hours once they start watching a video.
- Finally, click on “Save”
Note: Rule Name and Short Description are mandatory fields. All other fields (Access Duration, Resolution, Views and Watch Duration) are optional. You can select these fields according to your preference. If you will set Access Duration 1 month, Resolution to HD, Views to 2 and Watch Duration to 10 hours, then a user after purchasing a video, can watch it with in 1 month for 2 times in 10 hours and in HD resolution.
Managing Policy Rules
After adding a Policy Rule, you can view it under “Manage Rules”. Here you can also edit or delete a policy rule.
- Go to “Policy Rules” -->”Manage Rules” in your CMS
- Click on "View Rules" to see a rule's Type and its Value
- To edit a rule, click on “Edit Rule” on the extreme right side of the rule under Action
- Make the necessary changes and click on “Update Rule”
- To delete a rule, click on “Delete Rule” under Action. (Note: You cannot delete a rule if it is already applied to any monetization plan)
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to delete the rule
How to Apply Policy Rules
You can apply policy rules when adding different monetization methods. (i.e. PPV, PPV Bundle, Voucher etc.) At the time of adding a monetization method, you can select the rule from the drop-down. (See Below Screenshot)
Note: Your users will not be able to see the rules. When they select any PPV content, they will watch the content based on whatever policy rule is selected for that content.