As per your wish, you can make any of your content FREE for your users. Free content can be viewed by a user without buying any subscription plan and/or paying a one-time fee(Pay Per View). By default, a user must log in to his/her account to view the FREE content. However, if you wish you can disable login for your users to watch free content on your website.
Enabling Free Content
Before adding any Free Content, first, you need to enable this feature in your CMS.
- To enable Free Content, go to “Monetization” --> “Settings” in your CMS.
- Under “Monetization Model” select the checkbox “Free Content”
- Finally, click on “Update”. Free Content will be enabled for your store. Once Free Content is enabled, it will be displayed under the Monetization menu. ((Monetization -->Free Content)
- To disable "Free Content", deselect the checkbox and click on "Update". The Free Content for the store will be disabled.
Adding Free Content
- To add FREE Content, go to "Monetization --> Free Content" in your CMS
- In the “Free Content” page, type the name of the content in the search bar that you want to provide to your subscribers for FREE. (Here you can add multiple content)
- You can also make all single-part and/or all multi-part content free. To make all the single-part content free, type "All Single-part" in the Free Content field and to make all the multi-part content free, type "All Multi-part".
- Click on "Add"
- Then, click on “Update”
- Once your FREE content is added you will get a confirmation message “Free Content Has Been Updated Successfully”
Note: Before adding a FREE content, make sure that you have a video is mapped to it.
How to Remove Free Content
If you want to remove specific content from the Free Content category, you can do it through your CMS.
- To remove FREE Content, go to "Monetization --> Free Content" in your CMS
- In the “Free Content” page, click on the “x” mark on the right-hand side of the content that you want to remove. (Here you can remove multiple content)
- Click on “Update”
- Once your FREE content is removed you will get a confirmation message “Free Content Has Been Updated Successfully”
Enable/Disable Login For Free Content
By default "Login Required For Free Content" option is enabled in your CMS. That means, the user needs to login to your website to watch free content. However, you can disable this option. That means the user doesn't need to login to your website to watch free content.
- To disable "Login Required For Free Content" option, go to "Monetization" --> "Settings" in your CMS
- Uncheck the option "Login Required For Free Content"
- Finally, click on "Update"
- Next time when a user wants to watch free content on your website, he/she doesn't need to login. He/she can directly watch the content.