By configuring your login field, you can allow your users to login to your website/app by using their User ID/Phone Number. They can simply type their User ID/Phone Number and Password to login to your store. To enable this option, you need to create User ID/Phone Number as a custom field in the registration form. So, users can select this option for login during the registration process.
Adding User ID/Phone Number as Custom Field
To provide User ID/Phone Number as login option, first, you need to create it as a custom field. This will be displayed in the registration form. Users can type their User ID/Phone Number as login option during the registration process.
- Go to “User Features” -->”Manage User Profile” in your CMS
- Under “Available Fields”, click on “Add Custom Field”
- Type “User ID”/"Phone Number" in the “Field Label” field. Unique Key will be automatically generated for the field name.
- In “Field Type”, select “Text Field” from the drop-down
- If you want to provide Hint Text, then select the check box and type “Type Your User ID” or "Type Your Phone Number" accordingly.
- Click on “Advanced” and select “Allow Login”
- Click on “Save”
- Click on the “+” icon to add the custom field to the registration form
- Click on “Save”
How Users Register Their User ID/Phone Number to Login
Once the User ID/Phone Number field is added to the registration from, users can type their User ID/Phone Number in the corresponding field at the time of registration. (See Below Screenshot)
Once the users registered their User ID/Phone Number, they can use it to login to your website.
How Users Can Login Using User ID/Phone Number
The users can use their User ID/Phone Number along with their Password (Which they have entered at the time of registration) to login to your website/app. (See Below Screenshot)
Enabling User ID/Phone Number Login for Existing Users
If you have existing users who have not registered their User ID/Phone Number at the time of registration (as you have added the User ID/Phone number field later), then they can add their User ID in their profile page and use that User ID to login to your website/app.
- Login to the website/app (Using your Email Address & Password)
- Go to “Profile”
- Type your User ID/Phone Number in the “User ID”/"Phone Number" field
- Click on “Update Profile”
- The User ID/Phone Number is now registered for login
The user can now use his/her User ID/Phone Number instead of Email Address to login.
Removing User ID/Phone Number as Login Option
If you wish to remove User ID/Phone Number as login option, you can remove it from “Manage User Profile” in your CMS.
- Go to “User Feature” -->”Manage User Profile” in your CMS
- Under “Manage User Profile” click on “X” icon on the right-hand side of “User ID”/"Phone Number" field.
- Click on “Save”. The User ID/Phone Number filed will be removed from the registration form.
Note: Even though you removed the field from the registration form, the existing users will be able to login to your website/app by using the User ID/Phone Number they have already registered. To disable the login using User ID/Phone Number you need to remove the custom field completely.
- To remove the custom field, under “Available Fields”, click on the “X” icon on the right-hand side of the custom field.
- When asked for confirmation click on “Yes”.