Muvi allows you to create vouchers, which you can give to your users to watch content in your website. You can create vouchers that can be used only once or you can create vouchers that can be used multiple times. You can also restrict how many times a user can use the voucher. Vouchers can be created for all content in your website or for specific content in specific category. You can download the voucher status in MS Excel format. You don’t need to add a payment gateway to create vouchers and you can create as many vouchers as you want.
Note: Voucher cannot be used when subscription is enabled. It can only be used for PPV (Pay Per View), PPV Bundle and Pre-Order.
How to Enable Voucher
Before creating any voucher, first you need to enable this feature in your CMS.
- To enable voucher, go to “Monetization” --> “Settings” in your CMS.
- Under “Monetization Model” select the check box “Voucher”
- Finally, click on “Update”
Voucher will be enabled for your store. Once Voucher is enabled, it will be displayed under the Monetization menu.
Creating New Voucher
- To create new voucher, go to “Monetization” -->”Voucher” -->"Voucher" in your CMS
- Click on “New Voucher”. A window will popup.
- In “Voucher Type”, select “Once Use” or “Multi Use” (If you choose “Once Use” then you can create voucher that can be used only once to view any content. If you select “Multi Use”, then you can create voucher that can be used multiple times to view content.)
- If you are creating “Once Use” voucher, then you need to the number of vouchers you want to create in the “# of Voucher” filed. (Type any number between 1-10000; if you type 10 then 10 vouchers will be created and so on)
- If you are creating “Multi Use” voucher, then you need to specify “Restrict Usage Per User”. That means for how many times the user can use the voucher. (If you mention 5, then the voucher can be used for 5 times to view content in your website. The voucher code will be generated automatically).
- Select the “Valid Until” date from the calendar. (Select the From and To date) Note: You can also enter the date by using your keyboard.
- In the “Applies to Content” field, select whether the voucher is applicable for all content or for some specific content.
- If you select "All Content", then the voucher will be created for all content in your store.
- If you select “Specific Content”, you have two options. 1. Manually Generated 2. Auto Generated.
- You need to type the content name one by one in the text field if you select the option "Manually Generated". Here you can add multiple content
- If you select the option "Auto Generated", then you will get the option to select different content categories with content types. Select the Content Category and Content Type from the drop-down (You can also select multiple content categories and content types simultaneously). Vouchers will be created for that specific content category and content type. This allows you to add bulk content without the hassle of adding them one by one manually.
- Finally, click on “Submit”
New voucher/vouchers will be created. You can give the voucher code to your users to view content in your website.
In Voucher Settings, you can set Number of Views (For how many times a user can view the content after purchasing it by using the voucher. For example, 1 time, 3 times etc.), Access Period (For how long the content can be accessed by the user after purchasing it. For example, 10 hours, 5 days, 1 month etc.) and Watch Period (For how long the user can view the content. For example, 10 hours, 30 days etc.). If you will mention number of views to 5, access period to 10 hours and watch period to 15 days, then a user will be able to watch the content 5 times in 15 days’ period for 10 hours.
- To setup Number of Views, Access Period and Watch Period, go to “Monetization” -->”Voucher” -->“Settings”.
- Under Voucher Settings, select the check box “Restrict Content by Number of Views” to restrict the user to watch the content for specific number of times. Then, mention the number in the corresponding field and click on “Update”.
- To restrict access period, select the check box “Restrict Content by Access Period” and mention the period in Hours, Days and Months and click on “Update”.
- Select the check box “Restrict Content by Watch Period”, if you want to restrict the user for how long he/she can view the content. Then, mention the watch period in Hours and Days in the corresponding field and click on “Update”.
View Voucher Status
Once you created the vouchers you can see their status under Voucher page.
- Here you can see the Voucher Code, Voucher Type (Single Use, Multi Use) Content (If specific content is associated with the voucher), Restrict Usage (Number of times the voucher can be used).
- Click on a Voucher to see its status.
- You can search a Voucher by typing the voucher name in the search box and view its status.
- To download the Voucher Status, click on “Download CSV”. The voucher status will be downloaded in Microsoft Excel.
How to Delete Voucher
If you want to delete voucher/vouchers, you can do it through the CMS. In the Voucher page, select the check box in the left-hand side of the voucher and click on “Delete”. When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to delete the voucher. If you want to delete multiple vouchers, then select the check box for the vouchers you want to delete and click on “Delete”.
How to Use Vouchers
Once you created the vouchers, you can give it to your users to watch videos. The users need to click on "Voucher" as payment option when they click on a content to view it. Then they need to type the voucher code and click on "Apply" to purchase the content.