You can embed video from any third party platform like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other Online Video Platforms(OVP) like JW Platform, Brightcove, Kaltura etc. to Muvi. When your subscribers/viewers click on the video on your website, it will play on a separate tab on the browser. If you add videos from YouTube and Vimeo then it will play on their own player, however, the video link you add from other OVPs (Video files in .m3u8 format) will play on Muvi's video player.
How to Add Video From Third Party Platform
- In order to add video from third party website, click on “Manage Content” --> “Content Library”
- In the “Content Library” page click on “Upload Video”
- In the “Upload Video” page, select the option “Embed from 3rd Party”.
- Paste the iFrame link next to “Video from 3rd Party Platform” that you have obtained from YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo site or paste the URL that you get from other OVP (The URL form other OVP will be like: http://www.example.com/live/playlist.m3u8)
- Click on ‘Save”
When your subscriber/viewers click on the video on your website the video will start playing full screen on your browser.
Note: When users watch any third-party video (YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion), the logo of that video provider is visible on the player. (See Below Screenshot). The logo of any third-party video provider from the player can't be removed as it is against the policy.
How to Obtain Third Party Video Link
There are different methods available to obtain video link from different online video platforms. Here we have mentioned how to obtain third-party video link from popular video platforms like, YouTube and Dailymotion.
Visit the YouTube website (https://www.youtube.com) and select the video you want to upload to your website.
- Click on “Share” (See Below Screenshot)
- Click on “Embed”
- When you click on Embed you will get a Link.
- Copy the link and paste it in “Video from 3rd Party Platform” section in your Muvi CMS as mentioned above and click on “Save”
- Visit the Vimeo website (http://www.dailymotion.com)
- Select the video you want to upload to your website
- Click on the “Share Icon”.
- Click on "Embed Video".
- Under Embed the Video” COPY the iFrame link.
Note: Here you only need to copy the section that begins with <iframe src and ends with </iframe>
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5wi2rk" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Note: Currently, we support third-party (YouTube) videos for all TV Apps except for Apple TV and Roku TV App.