By enabling Google login feature on your website and mobile app you can allow your subscribers/users to login to your website or mobile app by using their Google account. To enable Google Login on your website or mobile app, you need a Google App. Either you can allow us to create and manage Google App or you can create the Google App yourself and provide us the necessary information to enable Google login. You can also deactivate the Google login on your website.
Note: When users login to your website/app through Google login, the homepage will open first.
End User Interface
This is how logging in with Google account looks like.
How to Enable Google Login for Users
- To enable Google login on your website, go to “User Features” --> “Social Media Integration” in your CMS.
- Select the checkbox “Enable Google Login for users” (See Below Screenshot)
- You can see two options. 1. “Muvi to create and manage the Google App “(Recommended) 2. “Use my Google App”. (See Above Screenshot)
- If you choose, “Muvi to create and manage the Google App” then we will create a Google App for you and enable the login feature for your website.
- If you choose “Use my Google App”, then you need to create a Google App yourself and provide us the information which includes your Client ID, Client Secret and Redirect URL. (See Above Screenshot)
Note: If you change your Domain Name, then you need to update the "Redirect URL" accordingly. Otherwise Google login feature will not work on your website.
Create Google App Yourself
Sign in to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials by using your Gmail User ID and Password.
- On the left-hand side under API & Services, click on “Credentials”
- Then click on “Create” (See Below Screenshot)
- Type your project name (See Below Screenshot)
- Select “Yes” to agree the Terms of Services
- Then click on “Create”
- Click on “Create Credentials” and click on the option “OAuth Client ID”
- Click on “Configure Consent Screen” on the top right corner of your screen (See Below Screenshot)
- Type Homepage URL (Optional)
- Product Logo URL (Optional)
- Click on “Save” (See Below Screenshot)
- Select the Application Type from the list (See Below Screenshot)
- Type Authorized redirect URLs
- Click on “Create”
- Copy the “Client ID” and “Client Secret” (See Below Screenshot) and paste it in the corresponding field in your CMS (Go to "User Features" -->"Social Network Integration". Select "Use My Google App") or send them to email@example.com
- Type the Client ID and Client Secret in the corresponding fields in the CMS and click on Confirm. (See Below Screenshot)
- Finally, click on "Redirect URL Entered to App" (See Below Screenshot)
Deactivate Google Login
If you don’t wish to use Google login feature on your website, then you can “Deactivate” this feature.
- Go to “User Features” --> “Social Media Integration” in your CMS.
- Click on "Deactive Google Login" (See Below Screenshot)
- When asked for confirmation, click on "Yes"
- Google login button will not be shown in the login page
- You can activate Google Login again by clicking on " Active Google Login"