With our Geo-Block feature, you can block your entire website and/or individual content (VOD Single Part Content, Multi-Part Content and/or Live Streaming Content) for different countries and regions from being accessed by unauthorized users. Even if any person from a particular region has the credential to watch your content, as per your wish, you can stop that user to view your content with the Geo-Block feature. Once the content is Geo-Blocked, it will not appear on your website/app (i.e. in the featured section, category listing page and search).
Geo-Block Entire Website
- Go to “User Features” --> “User Restrictions” in your CMS.
- Under “User Restrictions” select the checkbox “Geo-Block”.
- There are 2 options available. 1. Geo-Block Entire Website 2. Create Geo- block Category.
- Select "Geo-Block Entire Website " to block your entire website.
- Select the countries from "Available in Countries" list column at the left side and send it to "Not available in Countries" column at the right side on the page. (To select multiple countries, press and hold the CTRL key)
- Then click on "Save" to block your website for the selected countries.
In the above example, the website is blocked for Australia. When someone tries to access your website in Australia, the message will be displayed like " Sorry, this site is not currently available in your country" (See Below Screenshot).
Create Geo-Block Category
With this feature you can only block some specific content, not all content to a few specific countries. So please define the category like Only for USA or Only for Europe while blocking a content. To create a new Geo-block category please follow the below mentioned steps.
- Now click on "User Features" --> "User Restrictions" in your CMS
- Select "Geo-block "
- Then select "Create Geo- block Category"
- Click on "Add New Geo-block Category"
- Now type a category name in the "Category Name" field and click "Next"
- On the right-hand side under "Not Available in Countries" select all the countries (Press CTRL + A) and click on the << arrow mark.
- Now select USA under "Available Countries" on the left-hand side and click on >> arrow mark to send it to “Not Available in Countries” list. (To select multiple countries, press and hold CTRL key)
- Click on “Save”
You can add as many categories as you want by clicking on "Add New Geo-block Category". To remove a category, click on "Delete Geo-Block Category" on the right-hand side when asked for confirmation click on "Yes to delete the category. (See Below Screenshot)
Note: Once you will remove a category, the Geo-block restriction on the content under that category will also be removed automatically.
Setting Geo-Block to Content
- To set Geo-Block to any content go to “Manage Content” --> “Content Library” in your CMS.
- Then click on “Set Geo- Block” on the extreme right-hand side of the content.
- When you click on “Set Geo-block”, you will get a popup window. Just select your defined category (For example, Only for the USA) from the drop-down list of “Geo-block Category” and click on “Save”. The specific content will be Geo-blocked.
Note: For multi-part content, you only need to block the parent content. All the child content (Episodes) under the parent content will be automatically blocked. You can also Ge-Block Pre-Order content.
- When users visit your website/app they cannot view the specific content on the website/app. If they try to search the content, it will not be displayed in the search result.
- If the content is Geo-Blocked for a specific country/region then it will not show in the featured content list and in the content category list when users access your website in that country/region.
- Geo-Block works with Embed Player as well. If you have shared embed link of a specific content that is Geo-Blocked then the content will not be played in that particular country which is in the block list.
- To remove Geo-block for a content, go to "Manage Content" -->"Content Library" in your CMS.
- On the right-hand side of a content (Which is Geo-blocked) click on "Set Geo-block"
- Then click on "Remove Geo-block". When asked for confirmation, click on "Yes"