Muvi offers fully-featured, white-labelled LG TV App. The LG TV App has all the same features as the website – user registration, login, search, filter etc. We support web-OS 2.0 and above versions for LG TV App.
How We Prepare Your LG TV App
- First, you need to purchase the App. You can do it so from the CMS. (Go to "Billing" --> "Muvi Subscription" in the CMS and select the app under "Application". Then, proceed to "Checkout”.) If you have already purchased the App, then you can skip this step.
- After purchasing the app, you need to enable it (Go to "Settings" -->"Advanced" in the CMS. select the checkbox for the LG TV App and then click on "Update").
- It takes us one week to build the App by using our default template. (If you want any customization then it may take longer time to develop the App)
- Once the App is built, we will send it to you for testing
- Finally, after getting your approval, we will publish the App
To develop your LG TV App, you need to provide us necessary information through the CMS. Please go to “Mobile & TV Apps” -->” LG TV App” -->"Publish to App Store" in the CMS.
In the “LG TV App” page, please provide the detail information related to your App. (See Below Screenshot)
- Type the name of your app in the “App Name” field
- Describe about your App in detail in the “Description” field (maximum limit 4000 characters)
- Click on “Upload App Icon ” to upload an icon for your App (App Icon is a small image that represents your App in the App store and after you install the App it shows your App on the device) (You can upload .jpeg, .gif, .png and. svg images with dimension 400x400 px. However, if you are uploading. svg images then you will not able the crop the image and few old browsers do not support this image format) See below screenshot.
- For “Splash Screen Background Image”, click on “Upload Splash Screen” to upload a splash screen for your App (Please choose a jpeg/gif/png image with dimension 1920x1080 px. When you click on an App, Splash Screen is the image that appears before you see the main screen of the App) (You can upload .jpeg, .gif, .png and. svg images. However, if you are uploading. svg images then you will not able the crop the image and few old browsers do not support this image format)
- For “Launcher Background Image”, click on “Upload Launcher Image”. (Please choose a jpeg/gif/png image with dimension 1920x1080 px)
- For “Drawer Logo”, you need to upload a portrait image and landscape image. Click on “Upload Drawer Logo” to upload the logo image. (For portrait please choose a png image with dimension 60x50 px. For landscape, please choose a png image with dimension 150x50 px.
- Select the “Ratings” for the app from the drop-down lists.
- Select the “Category” from the drop-down (i.e. Movies, Drama, TV Series etc.)
- Fill up the “Support Contact” information (i.e. Email, Phone, Website) This information will be used by your users incase they experience any issue with your app.
- Provide a “Test Account” ID (A test user account of your store)
- Provide a “Test Password”
- Type the “Tag Keywords”. This will help to find your app in the search. To add multiple keywords, you need to hit enter after typing a keyword.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
All this information will be stored in our database and we will develop the LG TV App based on the information provided by you.
Testing Your LG TV App
- Once the app development procedure is completed, we will send you the .ipk file for testing the App.
- After getting your approval, we will publish the app in the app store from your Developer Account.
Publishing Your LG TV App
We will publish the App Store either by using our Developer’s ID or by using your Developer’s ID. If you use your Developer’s ID, then the App will show your company or brand name in the App Store. If you want to use your LG TV Developer’s ID, then create an LG TV Developer Account.
Muvi maintains the LG TV App on an ongoing basis. It includes making updates and patches as required to support new app versions and devices.