You can bulk upload subtitles for the videos in your Video Library. Once you bulk uploaded the subtitles using the FTP method, it will be automatically mapped to the corresponding videos. To map the subtitles with the related videos, you must rename them in a specific manner. The subtitles which failed to map to the respective videos will be remained un-mapped in the Subtitle Library and can be mapped later to the related videos manually.
Bulk Upload Subtitles Using FTP Method
By using our FTP upload method, you can bulk upload the subtitles.
- Login to FTP account with the FTP account details provided in the CMS (See Below Screenshot). You can install FileZilla and then login to it using the FTP details provided.
- After connecting to this FTP account, you can upload your subtitles.
- Before uploading the subtitles, you must rename them according to the video, to which you want to map.
For example, if the video name in the Video Library is “Spiderman.mp4” and you want to map English and French subtitle for the video. You must rename the subtitle files as “Spiderman_EN.srt” and “Spiderman_FR.srt. If you are uploading .vtt format subtitles then the subtitle file name should be “Spiderman_EN.vtt” and “Spiderman_FR.vtt”.
Note: Here “EN” and “FR” are language codes for English and French language respectively. Click Here to get more language codes for different languages.
- Then, you need to click on “Sync to Video Library” on your video library page (See Below Screenshot).
- Then all your subtitles will be uploaded to your "Subtitle Library".
- Once the subtitles are uploaded to the ‘Subtitle Library”, they will be automatically mapped to the corresponding videos.
How to Map Un-Mapped Subtitles to Videos
The videos which remained un-mapped in the Subtitle Library can be mapped to the related videos manually.
- Navigate to “Manage Content” -->”Video Library” in the CMS.
- In the Video Library, click on “Subtitle Library”.
- The subtitles those haven’t mapped to the videos will have an option “Map Video”.
- Click on “Map Video”.
- Select the subtitle language from the drop-down.
- Select the video you want to map with the subtitle.
- When get the confirmation message, click on “Ok”