To install the LG TV app by using the .ipk file, first, you need to download the LGWebOS SDK from the Devloper LG website in your computer and then you need to connect your computer to the TV. Here we have provided detailed steps to install LG TV app by using the .ipk file.
How to Install LG TV App
1. You need to download the LGWebOS sdk from the Devloper LG website to your computer.
2. Go to the path C:\webOS_TV_SDK\CLI> by using CMD (Command Prompt)
3. Set up devices for LG to run by using the following command.
Note: You can modify the device info in the above list, or add a new device.
? Select modify
? Select a device pickboxtest
? Enter Device IP address: 10.139.139.112
? Enter Device Port: 9922
? Enter ssh user: prisoner
? Enter description: new device
? Select authentication ssh key
? Enter ssh private key file name: webos_pickbox
? Enter key's passphrase: B3B7D1
? Save ? Yes
4. Find the devices by using the following command.
Example: C:\webOS_TV_SDK\CLI>ares-setup-device -list
4. Then Run the following command.
Example: C:\webOS_TV_SDK\CLI>ares-novacom --device pickboxtest --getkey
After that you need to follow below mentioned procedure.
SSH Private Key: C:\Users\BISHAL\.ssh\pickboxtest_webos
input passphrase [default: webos]:B3B7D1
5. Install the .ipk file and place the .ipk file in CLI folder.
ares-install --device emulator ./com.yourdomain.app_0.0.1_all.ipk
Example -ares-install --device emulator ./com.yourdomain.app_0.0.1_all.ipk
After this you will get the message like below.
Installing package com.aeontvlatest.app_0.0.1_all.ipk
6. Install the app by using the Command Prompt.
C:\webOS_TV_SDK\CLI>ares-install --device pickboxtest --list
Here you find the package available for install like this.
7. Finally Run the app by using the following command.
Example: C:\webOS_TV_SDK\CLI>ares-launch --device pickboxtest com.aeontvlatest.app