Now, Google Analytics is the most extensively used web analytics service on the Internet. It is mainly used for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. Google Analytics tool generates complete report about your website's traffic and traffic sources. It also assesses sales and alterations. By integrating this tool to your website, you can get reports on your website visitors. (You can get reports on how many people visit your website on daily, weekly or monthly basis, which page they visit most and more…). In order to integrate Google Analytics to your website, first you need to obtain your "Google Analytics Tracking ID" and "Google Webmaster Verification Code."
How to Get Google Analytics Tracking ID
The first step to integrate Google Analytics to your website is to sign up for Google Analytics. For this you must have a Gmail account. Please visit http://www.google.com/analytics to create your account. After creating your account in Google Analytics you will get your tracking ID. Please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en to find your "Google Analytics Tracking ID”.
How to Obtain Google Webmaster Verification Code
You need to create your Google Webmaster Account to get the “Google Webmaster Verification Code”. Please visit https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools to create your account.
- Login to your Google Webmaster account
- Type your website URL in the “Site URL” field
- Click on “ADD PROPERTY” (See Below Screenshot)
- In next page, select “HTML tag” (See Below Screenshot)
- Copy the “Google Webmaster Verification Code” (Only copy the portion which is highlighted in red. See below screenshot)
Integrating Google Analytics to Your Website
Once you obtained your Google Analytics Tracking ID and Google Webmaster Verification Code,
- Go to “Marketing "-->"Advanced” in the CMS
- Under Advanced Settings, type your “Google Analytics Tracking ID” which you have already obtained, in the corresponding field. (See Below Screenshot)
- Type your “Google Webmaster Verification Code” which you have already obtained, in the corresponding field
- The Sitemap will be automatically generated
- In the Robot txt field, you can type the URL of the particular page if you want to block it from search engines. (If you type your website URL in this field then Google bots will not crawl your website and it will not be indexed by Google)
- Click on “Update” to complete the process
When you SIGN IN to Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics) you will be able see all your website traffic reports.
Related Help Article: Verifying Google Webmaster Tools Account Using Google Analytics