Muvi allows you to Live Stream any existing video feed. Your viewers can view the live streaming of the content via Website, iOS, Android, and Roku App. We support HLS and RTMP methodology in live streaming. First, you need to add the content to the CMS. While adding the content, you need to type the URL of existing video feed (HLS or RTMP). After adding the content, your users can watch the live streaming of the video when they click on the content on your website.
Adding Live Streaming Content
- Navigate go to “Manage Content“-> “Content Library” in the CMS.
- Click on “Add Content “.
- Select the Content Forms “Video Live Streaming” form from the drop-down menu (See Below Screenshot)
- In the “Content Name” field type the name of the live streaming content
- "Permalink" will be automatically generated. You can also edit the permalink.
- Select Release/Record Date from the calendar
- In the Story /Description field describe the live streaming briefly.
- From the Feed section, select HLS or *RTMP as per your requirement (We support HLS (HTTPS) & RTMP methodology in live streaming)
- Type a valid HLS (HTTPS) or RTMP URL (Example of HLS URL : https://www.example.com/live/playlist.m3u8, RTMP URL: rtmp://184.108.40.206/live/liveshow)
- Select the "Start Time (In GMT)" from the calendar. Select the time when live streaming will be started. This will help the user to add the event to his/her calendar by clicking on the "Book" button in the content details page. Please remember that Start Time is not to start the event, but this is additional information for your users to know when the event will start. If you don't want the users to access the content prior to the start time, then you can add the Feed URL just before the start time.)
- Type the "Duration (in Hours)" of the live streaming content
- Select the Content Category from the drop-down list. Here you can select multiple categories for the same content. Please visit Edit/create content category page for the steps to edit or create a category.
- Add "Search Tags" in the corresponding field. (Search tags will help users find the content easily by typing the tags in the search bar. You can use words related to the content as search tags). First, add "#" to enter search tags in the text field. Press "Enter" key or "," comma (e.g. #action, #horror). You can add a maximum of 5 search tags to content.
- Under Upload, a Poster, click on the “Browse” button to upload a poster for the live stream (See Below Screenshot)
- You can upload a poster for Mobile & TV apps (This option will be available if you have already purchased any mobile or TV app). Click on browse and upload a poster. (Upload an image size of 800x450)
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Your RTMP feed, for example, is "rtmp://220.127.116.11/live/liveshow " (This an example. Please do not use this RTMP link for live streaming). Here "rtmp://18.104.22.168/live" is your FMS URL and "liveshow" is your Stream name. If you are adding an HLS feed then the URL will be like this "https://www.example.com/live/playlist.m3u8" Recommended bit-rate for streaming is 720p & 1080p.
- We strongly recommend using HTTPS HLS Feeds to avoid any playback issues
- *Before adding the RTMP link please test the link here. If you are unable to play the link in the RTMP player, then it will not be played in your store after adding it to the content.
- After you click on "Save & Continue", you will see the options to "Upload Top Banner" and "Add Cast/Crew".
Upload Top Banner
- Click on “Upload Banner”
- To upload banner from your computer, click on “Upload File”. Select the image from your computer. Resize it and click on “Save”.
- To select banner from the gallery, click on “Choose from Gallery”. Select the image and then resize it.
- You can upload banner for "Website" (size 1200x350 px), "Mobile Apps" (size 1600x900 px) and "TV Apps" (size 1920x1080 px). You cannot edit the top banner size for mobile apps and TV apps. However, you can edit the top banner size for the website. Click here to know how to change the size of the top banner for website.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
- Click on “Add New Cast”
- Type the Cast/Crew Name and select Cast/Crew Type from the drop-down list
- Finally, click on “Add”. To add another Cast/Crew member, please repeat the process. (To know more about how to manage Cast/Crew please Click Here)
- There are 2 options available to play HTTP live streaming feed URL. Either you can play the content by using Flash Player or you need to remove the SSL for your store (If you will remove the SSL, then Flash Player is not required to play the content). However, remember that, if you have enabled DRM for your store then, we recommend not to disable SSL as it might affect playing the content in some devices.
- If you are experiencing any issue with Live Streaming (Feed) then please follow the below mentioned steps.
HLS Feed with HTTP URL - With Flash Player
- Try to play the feed in VLC player. If you are unable to play the feed in VLC then the feed has issue
- If you are able to play the feed URL in VLC, then enable Flash in browser and check
- If the feed doesn't play after enabling Flash then check the console. If it is showing “Cross Domain” error, then you need to enable Cross Domain for the feed
- If still the feed is showing “Flash source not found” error, then enable Flash for the feed
HLS Feed with HTTP URL - Without Flash Player
- Try to play the feed in VLC Player. If you are able to play the feed in VLC then remove SSL for the website
- Once you will remove the SSL, you can play the feed without any glitch
- To remove SSL for your website, please add a support ticket
How to Enable Flash in Google Chrome Browser
You need to enable "Flash" in Chrome browser to play the feed.
- Open the URL in Chrome browser
- Click on the "View Site Information" icon on the left-hand side of the address bar
- Click on "Site Settings"
- Scroll down to "Flash"
- Select the option "Allow" from the list and close the tab.