Through our online video streaming platform you can Live Stream any existing video feed. Your viewers can view the live streaming of the content via Website, iOS, Android and Roku App. We support HLS and RTMP methodology in live streaming. First, you need to add the content to the CMS. While adding the content, you need to type the URL of existing video feed (HLS or RTMP). After adding the content, your users can watch the live streaming of the video when they click on the content on your website.
Adding Live Streaming Content
- Please go to “Manage Content“-> “Content Library” then click on “Add Content “ in your CMS
- From “Content Types”, select “Video Live Streaming” form the drop down menu (See Below Screenshot)
- From “Method”, select “Feed”
- In the “Content Name” field type the name of the live streaming content
- "Permalink" will be automatically generated. You can also edit the permalink.
- Select Release/Record Date from the calendar
- In the Story Description field describe about the live streaming briefly.
- From Feed section, select HLS or RTMP as per your requirement (We support HLS (HTTPS) & RTMP methodology in live streaming)
- Type a valid HLS (HTTPS) or RTMP URL (Example of HLS URL : https://www.example.com/live/playlist.m3u8, RTMP URL: rtmp://18.104.22.168/live/liveshow)
Note: We strongly recommend to use HTTPS HLS Feeds to avoid any playback issues.
- Select the "Start Time (In GMT)" from the calendar (This is optional. You can let your users know when the live streaming will be available on your website/app. Please remember that, Start Time is not start the event, but this is an additional information for your users to know when the event will start. If you don't want the users to access the content prior to the start time, then you can add the Feed URL just before the start time.)
- Type the "Duration (in Hours)" of the live streaming content
- Select the Content Category form the drop down list. Here you can select multiple category for the same content. Please visit Edit/create content category page for the steps to edit or create category.
- Under Upload a Poster, click on the “Browse” button to upload a poster for the live stream (See Below Screenshot)
- Click on “Save & Continue”
Note: Your RTMP feed for example is "rtmp://22.214.171.124/live/liveshow " (This an example. Please do not use this RTMP link for live streaming). Here "rtmp://126.96.36.199/live" is your FMS URL and "liveshow" is your Stream name. If you are adding a HLS feed then the URL will be like this "https://www.example.com/live/playlist.m3u8" Recommended bit-rate for streaming is 720p & 1080p.
- After you click on "Save & Continue", you will see the options to "Upload Top Banner" and "Add Cast/Crew".
Upload Top Banner
- Click on “Upload Banner”
- To upload banner from your computer, click on “Upload File”. Select the image from your computer. Resize it and click on “Save”.
- To select banner from the gallery, click on “Choose from Gallery”. Select the image and then resize it.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
- Click on “Add New Cast”
- Type the Cast/Crew Name and select Cast/Crew Type from the drop-down list
- Finally, click on “Add”. To add another Cast/Crew member, please repeat the process. (To know more about how to manage Cast/Crew please Click Here)
- There are 2 options available to play HTTP live streaming feed URL. Either you can play the content by using Flash Player or you need to remove the SSL for your store (If you will remove the SSL, then Flash Player is not required to play the content). However, remember that, if you have enabled DRM for your store then, we recommend not to disable SSL as it might affect playing the content in some devices.
- If you are experiencing any issue with Live Streaming (Feed) then please follow the below mentioned steps.
HLS Feed with HTTP URL - With Flash Player
- Try to play the feed in VLC player. If you are unable to play the feed in VLC then the feed has issue
- If you are able to play the feed URL in VLC, then enable Flash in browser and check
- If the feed doesn't play after enabling Flash then check the console. If it is showing “Cross Domain” error, then you need to enable Cross Domain for the feed
- If still the feed is showing “Flash source not found” error, then enable Flash for the feed
HLS Feed with HTTP URL - Without Flash Player
- Try to play the feed in VLC Player. If you are able to play the feed in VLC then remove SSL for the website
- Once you will remove the SSL, you can play the feed without any glitch
- To remove SSL for your website, please add a support ticket
How to Enable Flash in Google Chrome Browser
You need to enable "Flash" in Chrome browser to play the feed.
- Open the URL in Chrome browser
- Click on the "View Site Information" icon on the left-hand side of the address bar
- Click on "Site Settings"
- Scroll down to "Flash"
- Select the option "Allow" from the list and close the tab.