You can add/delete different Content Categories in your Muvi CMS. For example, you can add categories like Movie, Video Clip, TV Series, Live Event, YouTube Clip, etc. You can also add separate categories for movies such as Action Movies, Comedy Movies, Documentaries, etc. After creating the content category, you can use them while creating Content Metadata and add them to your website menu.
Adding Content Category
- To add a content category, go to “Manage Content” --> “Manage Metadata” in your CMS.
- Under “Content Category”, click on “Add Content Category”
- Type the "Category Name" (You can add Content Category Name up to 40 characters)
- Upload "Category Image"
- Click on “Submit”. The content category will be added to the list of categories.
If you want to show content category in the content details page of your website then Click Here.
Adding Image to Content Category
You can add an image to any Content Category.
- To add image, go to "Manage Content" --> "Content Category" in your CMS
- On the right-hand side of the Content, Category click on the blank image icon
- Select the image from your computer or from the image library
- Click on "Next". The image for the category will be added.
Note: To show the image in the content listing page of your store, you need to follow the steps provided in the BYOD help article.
Editing Content Category
You can edit any content category as per your requirement.
- To edit a category, click on that specific category
- Make necessary changes.
- After editing the category, click on the tick mark to save the changes.
Deleting Content Category
When it is required, you can easily delete a content category from the list.
- To delete a content category, simply click on the “Trashcan Icon” on the right-hand side of a category.
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes”. The content category will be removed.
Adding Content Sub-Category
You can create a Sub-Category under a specific Category. Once the sub-category is added under a category, you can view it by clicking on that specific category. At the time of adding content, you can select the sub-category (If required). If you delete a category that has multiple sub-categories under it, then all the sub-categories will also be deleted. To add a sub-category, first, you need to enable this feature in the CMS.
- To enable Sub-Category, go to "Manage Content" -->"Settings" in the CMS.
- Under "Enable Sub-Category", select the checkbox for "Sub-Category".
- Scroll down and click on "Save"
Once Sub-Category option is enabled, you will be able to add sub-categories under a category.
- To add a sub-category, click on the "Add New" button on the right-hand side of a category.
- Type the Category Name.
- Upload the Category Image.
- Click on "Save".
The sub-category will be added. You can add multiple sub-categories under a specific category. To see the added sub-category, click on the category. The sub-category will be displayed under it. At the time of adding content, when you will select the specific category, you will see the option to select the sub-category for the content.