Muvi allows you to add content partner/partners who can upload videos, add content and view reports. A partner can see video analytics report of the content that he/she is tagged with, can view the revenue generated from the content that he/she is authorized to. You can also give permission to the partner to login to partner portal and/or to add content to your content library. Content Partner feature allows you to add a partner, edit a partner or delete a partner. To begin with, first you need to enable this feature in your CMS.
How to Enable Content Partner
- To enable Content Partner feature, click on “Content Partner” in your CMS.
- Select the check box “Enable Content Partner”.
- A window will open with “Yes” and “Cancel” option. Click on “Yes” to enable Content Partner.
- Once “Content Partner” is activated, it will show a link of your partner portal like “https://yourdomain.com/partners “. This link will be sent to your partner to login. (See Below Screenshot)
- You can see the list of your partners (If added any) with their “Name”, “Email Address”, “Access to Content”.
Adding a New Partner
- To add a new partner, click on “New Partner” in the Content Partner page. (See Below Screenshot).
- Type the new partner’s Name
- Provide partner’s Email (An email will be sent to this email address with partner portal URL and login credentials)
- Mention the Revenue Share *percentage (% of the revenue of the content that you want to share with your partner. For example, if you mention that you want to share 10% of revenue with your content partner, then your content partner will get 10% of the total revenue generated from the content added by the partner or from the content tagged by you. That means if $100 revenue is generated from the content then the partner will get $10)
- In the filed “Authorized for Content” type the content name that you want to tag your partner and share the revenue of the content with him/her. If you authorize content to the partner, he/she will have the authorization to modify it (i.e. edit, delete). You can tag multiple contents.
- Select the checkbox “Provide Login Access to Content Partner” if you want to give your content partner login access to the partner portal.
- Select the checkbox “Allow to Add Content”, if you want your content partner to add content to your content library.
- Click on “Submit”. The new partner will be added to your partner list.
*Note: Type the revenue share in numbers (i.e. 10, 20, 30, etc.)
- If you select the checkbox “Provide Login Access to Content Partner”, the partner will get an email notification subject line as “Partner invitation from yourdomain.com “. Open the link and login using the credential sent in the mail.
- By default, the Partner will get 3 menus at left side of his/her browser, Home, Settings and Analytics. (See Below Screenshot)
If you give permission to the partner to “Allow to Add Content”, then the partner will get 4 menus on the left side of his/her browser. Along with “Home”, “Settings” and “Analytics”, he/she will get “Manage Content”. Under “Manage Content” there are 2 options available. 1. “Content Library” 2. “Video Library”. Through these options the partner can easily add content and upload videos etc.
Note: For security reasons, we do not allow content upload from unauthorized domains to our server. If you want your content partner to upload videos from your domain, then first we need to authorize your domain and give permission to upload. Please add a support ticket to get upload permission for your domain.
How Partners Can Manage Content & View Report
After login to your partner portal, your partners can add content, upload video, change their password, view analytics. In the left-hand side of the partner portal, there are different menus including, Home, Manage Content, Analytics, and Settings.
- On the Home Page, the partners can view the graph of their video analytics. They can also view different information regarding content including, Name, Type, Transactions, Price, Amount, Revenue, Duration, Total Views, Unique Views, Trailer Views, and Bandwidth.
- Under Manage Content, the partners can access Content Library, Video Library, and Audio Library. They can add/edit content, upload video/audio.
Note: If you allow the partner to add content, then he/she will get access to add all formats of content by selecting different content forms (i.e. VOD Single Part, VOD Multi Part Parent, VOD Multi Part Child, Live Streaming, etc.)
- Under Analytics, the partners can view Video Analytics and Revenue Analytics.
- Partners can only view and download the last 3 months report. They can download maximum 30,000 records at a time.
- Partners can change their password under Settings.
Under the “Action” column there are 2 options, “Edit” and “Remove”.
- Click on “Edit”. (See Below Screenshot)
- A window will open with options to edit “Name”, “Email”, “Revenue Share”, “Authorize for Content” and special permission options such as, “Provide login access to Content Partner” and “Allow to Add Content”
- Edit the desired fields and click on “Ok”.
Removing a Content Partner
If you want, you can remove a partner anytime. Under the “Action” column there are 2 options, “Edit” and “Remove”.
- To remove a partner, click on “Remove” on the right hand side of the partner (Under “Action”)
- A window will open with “Yes” and “Cancel” option, click on “Yes” to remove the partner.
How to Pay Content Partners
We do not have any process in our system to pay your content partners separately. You need to pay all your content partners individually after you receive the money on your bank account. However, you can get the information on how much amount you need to pay to which partner by viewing the Content Partner Report.