Muvi Billing is a billing engine that provides a secure end-user billing management platform. You can integrate it with other Muvi products (i.e. Muvi Server, Muvi Playout & Muvi Live Server) and bill your end-users either in a recurring manner or pay per use basis. Also, it allows you to integrate your choice of Payment Gateways and currencies.
Signup with Muvi Billing
- To sign up with the Muvi Billing, please click here.
- Click on “Free Trial” to take 14 days free trial.
- Provide the details, your “Name”, “Company Name”, “Phone Number”, “Email” and “Password”.
Purchasing the Subscription
Once your 14 days free trial is over, you will be prompted to purchase the subscription of Muvi Billing. You can also purchase the subscription before your free trial ends.
- Click on “Purchase Subscription” on the top right corner of your page.
- Click on “Checkout”
- Provide the details of your Credit Card details and Billing Address.
- Click on “Continue to Pay”.
- Click on “Billing” to view the “Subscription Details” and “Payment History”.
Adding Payment Gateway
Before adding any monetization model, first, you need to add the Payment Gateway. Payment Gateway collects money from your subscribers/users and has it transferred to your bank account. We don't take any extra fee or deduct any fee from your user's payment. However, payment gateway charges a fee for their service. You can check with your payment gateway to see their fees.
- To add a Payment Gateway, click on “Payment Gateways”.
- Click on the Payment Gateway that you want to add.
- Type the credentials in the corresponding field and click on “Submit”. The Payment Gateway will be added.
- You can select the “Sandbox Mode” to test the transaction before going live.
You can add multiple currencies for different countries and regions. You users in different countries/regions will see the price of the content in their currency.
- To add a currency, navigate to “Configuration” -->” Multi-Currency”.
- Type the currency name in the search box to find the currency.
- Click on “Add” to add the currency. Repeat the process to add another currency.
Adding Monetization Model
After adding the Payment Gateway, you need to add the monetization model.
- To add a monetization model, navigate to “Configuration” -->”Monetization”.
- Under “Monetization”, select “Subscription”.
- Click on “Save”.
Adding Subscription Plans
By configuring subscription plans you can charge your subscribers/viewers periodically (i.e. monthly, quarterly, yearly). Your subscribers/viewers can select the plans according to their preferences.
- To add a subscription plan, navigate to “Subscription” -->” Plan”.
- Click on “Add Plan”.
- Type the “Plan Name”.
- Type the “Description” about the subscription plan.
- Select the “Duration” from the drop-down (i.e. daily, monthly, yearly). You can also select the custom duration for your subscription plan. Type the month/day number and then select month/day.
- Select the “Free Trial Period” from the drop-down (optional). e.g. If you select 7 days, then your subscribers will get 7 days free trial and after that, they will be charged if they do not cancel the subscription before free trial.
- Type the “Subscription Fee”. You can add subscription fees in multiple currencies. Click on "Add More Price for Specific Country" to add another currency for the subscription plan.
- Click on “Submit”. The subscription plan will be added.
Adding Cancelation Reasons
You can add custom cancellation reasons for your end-users. When your end-users wish to cancel the subscription plan, they can select the reason for cancellation.
- To add a cancellation reason, navigate to “Subscription” -->” Cancel Reasons”.
- Click on “Add Cancel Reasons”.
- Type the cancel reason and click on “Submit”. The cancel reason will be added. Repeat the process to add more reasons.
API Integration Details
You can integrate Muvi Billing to any other Muvi products (i.e. Muvi Server, Muvi Playout, Muvi Live Server) via API. You need the API Authorization Key to integrate other Muvi products with Muvi Billing.
- To get the API Authorization Key, navigate to “Admin” -->” Advanced”.
- Under “Advanced Settings” you will get the API Authorization Key and Muvi API Documentation link.
Managing End-User Accounts
You can manage the end-users accounts. You can send reset password email to users, cancel subscriptions, and update email address of users.
- To manage your end-users account, click on “User Management”.
- Click on “Accounts”.
Canceling Muvi Billing Subscription
You can cancel your Muvi Billing subscription at any time. If you cancel your account, then all your data including videos and metadata will be deleted 14 days after cancellation. Please make sure to export all your data before the canceling the subscription.
- To cancel your Muvi Billing subscription, click on "Profile" on the top right corner of the CMS.
- Scroll down to "Cancel Subscription".
- Click on "Cancel Subscription".
- Select the reason for cancellation from the list.
- Type your feedback in the textbox and click on "Submit". Your subscription will be canceled. If you wish to re-activate your subscription you can do so by clicking on the "Re-Activate" link.