How a Subscriber is Billed (In the Beginning of Cycle)
Muvi allows you to add and manage your own subscription plans. By configuring subscription plans you can charge your subscribers/viewers monthly or yearly, setup automatic renewals and offer free trials. All the subscription plans you configure will be displayed on your website/App. Your subscribers/viewers can select the plans according to their preference.
Note: First you need to integrate Payment Gateway (Monetization -> Payment Gateway) to enable subscription plans.
Before adding Subscription plan, first you need to enable this feature in your CMS.
- To enable Subscription, go to “Monetization” --> “Settings” in your CMS.
- Under “Monetization Model” select the check box “Subscription”
- Finally, click on “Update”
Subscription will be enabled for your store. Once Subscription is enabled, it will be displayed under the Monetization menu. ((Monetization -->Subscription)
Adding Subscription Plan
To add new subscription plan,
- Go to “Monetization-->Subscription”
- Then click on “Add”.
- In the Plan Name filed enter a plan name. For example, Gold, Premium etc.
- In the "Short Description" field, briefly describe about the subscription
- Choose the Duration of the subscription plan (Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly etc.) from the drop down list
- Select the Subscription Fee for the plan. The subscription plan will be added in the default currency. However, you can add multiple currencies for your subscription plan. Also you can add specific price for specific country. Simply click on "Add More Price for Specific Country". Users in a specific country will see the content price in their currency when they click on a content to purchase it and will be charged in their currency. (For example, a user in Japan will see the price of the content in Yen even though default currency is set in US Dollar)
- Select the check box for “Free Trial Period”, if you want to give your subscribers a free trial. Select the desired free trial period from the drop down list. (i.e 1 Day, 7 Days, 14 Days, 1 Month, 3 Months etc.)
- Finally, click on “Submit”. Your new subscription plan will be added.
Creating Limited Content Subscription Plan
You can create Limited Content Subscription Plan, where users will pay monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription to watch specific group of content. It is different from normal subscription plan. In normal subscription users can watch all the content by paying a monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription fee. Limited content subscription plan is suitable for the users who wish to watch specific group of content for a certain period by paying lesser amount instead of buying a normal subscription plan at higher price to watch all the content. You can create subscription plan for different category of content. For example, you can create a plan for action movies or create a plan for movies of a specific actor or TV series. Renewal of Specific Content Subscription Plan will be done independently.
To add new Limited Content Subscription Plan,
- Go to “Monetization-->Subscription”
- Then click on “Add”.
- In the Plan Name filed enter a plan name. (For example, Super Hero Series, Action Movies etc.)
- In the "Short Description" field, briefly describe about the subscription bundle
- Choose the Duration of the subscription plan (Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly etc.) from the drop down list
- Select the Subscription Fee for the plan. The subscription plan will be added in the default currency. However, you can add multiple currencies for your subscription plan. Also you can add specific price for specific country.
- Select the check box for “Free Trial Period”, if you want to give your subscribers a free trial. Select the desired free trial period from the drop down list.
- Select the option "Content" to type the content names in the search bar to add content. You can add multiple content to create a limited content subscription plan.
- OR you can also select multiple content at a time on the basis of "Category", "Genre" or "Cast". Select the options from the drop-down to add the content.
- Finally, click on “Submit”. Your new Limited Content Subscription Plan will be added.
- Once your new Subscription Plan/Limited Content Subscription Plan is added you can see its status. (See Below Screenshot). You can add multiple plans for your website.
Re-ordering Subscription Plans
As per your requirement you can change the order of your subscription plans. Once you change the order of your subscription plans in the CMS, it will show in your website accordingly. You can also make a subscription plan default. When users visit your website it will be selected by default.
- To re-order the subscription plans, go to "Monetization" --> 'Subscription" in your CMS
- Drag and drop a subscription plan to change its order
- To make a subscription plan default, click on "Make Default" on the right hand side of the plan under "Action" (The plan will be selected with a tick mark by default on your website)
Sending Subscription Expire Notification
You can send subscription expiry notification to the users before their subscription expires. So, your users will get to know when they have to renew their subscription plan. You can either send the notification to their registered email address or to the application (Website/App) or both directly.
- To send subscription expiration notification, go to "Monetization" -->"Subscription" in the CMS.
- On the extreme right-hand side of a subscription plan (Under "Action") click on "Set Expiry".
- Select the option "Send Notification Email", if you wish to send subscription expiration notification via email.
- Select "Show Notification on Application", if you wish to show the expiration notification on the Website/Mobile App.
- You can select "Both" if you want the users to receive subscription notification on both application and an email.
- In the field, "Show/Send Notification before", type the number of Days/Hours (Select the option from the drop-down)
- Finally, click on "Set Expiry".
Now, your users will get a notification before their subscription expires (Either via email or website/app or on both).
- Once the subscription plan of a user expired, he/she will get the notification in the website/app (See Below Screenshot).
- Once the subscription plan of a user expired, he/she will get the notification in the email (See Below Screenshot).
Geo-Block Subscription Plan
You can Geo-block any subscription plan for a specific country/region. The blocked plan will not be visible in the country/region for which it is Geo-blocked. Users will not be able to view the plan when they try to register to your store.
- To Geo-block a subscription plan, click on “Geo-Block” (under “Action”) on the right-hand side of the subscription plan.
- Select the “Geo-Block Category” from the list and click on “Save”
- To remove Geo-block, click on the Geo-Block option under “Action”
- Click on “Remove Geo-block” icon. When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to remove Geo-Block.
Editing/Disabling Subscription Plan
You can also Edit or Disable an existing subscription plan through your Muvi CMS.
- In order to “Edit” an existing subscription plan click on “Edit Plan” under Action on the right hand side of a particular subscription plan (See Below Screenshot)
- A window will pop up, where you have to edit the sections you want and then click on “Update”
To Disable a particular subscription plan, you need to follow these steps.
- Click on “Disable” under Action on the right hand side of a particular subscription plan
- You will see a dialog box with “Yes” and “Cancel” option. Click on “Yes” to disable the plan
Similarly, if you wish you can also enable a particular subscription plan which was already disabled. Simply click on “Enable” under Action on the right hand side of a particular subscription plan and then click on “Yes” when ask for confirmation.
Changing Subscription Plan Name to Other Language
You can translate the subscription plan name to other language. When your users select their preferred language on your website/app, they will see the subscription plan name in that language. (e.g. If your subscription plan name in English is "Silver Plan", you can change it to French i.e. "Plan Argent". When your users select French in your website they will see the French name of the subscription plan.)
- To change subscription plan name, go to "Monetization" --> "Subscription" in your CMS
- Select the language from the drop-down
- Click on "Edit Plan"on the extreme right-hand side of a specific plan (Which you want to translate)
- Change the subscription plan name from English to your preferred language
- Click on "Update"
- When users will select their preferred language, they will see the subscription plan name in their language.
How Users Can Buy Subscription Plan
All the Subscription Plans and Bundles will be displayed on your website. Your subscribers can see these plans when they visit the “Register Page”. Users need to click on a specific plan/bundle to buy it. (See Below Screenshot)
- When a new user buys a subscription plan, he/she will be able to view all the content in your website for a certain duration (One Month, Three Months, Six Months, One Year)
- When a user buys a Subscription Bundle, he/she will be able to view the content those are added in that bundle or a certain period (1 Month/3 Months/1 Year etc.)
- When a user clicks on a content that has been already added to a specific Subscription Bundle, they will be get prompted to buy the Subscription Bundle. They can view the content included in the bundle by clicking on “View Details”.
How Users Can View Subscription Plan
Users can view the Subscription Plan/Bundle they have purchased by clicking on "My Plans" under profile menu. However, they have to first login to your website to view the Subscription Plan/Bundle. They can also cancel a Subscription Plan/Bundle by clicking on “Cancel”.
How a Subscriber is Billed (In the Beginning of Cycle)
When a new subscriber wants to register to your website, he/she has to select a subscription plan along with that he/she needs to provide his/her credit card information. If the subscriber selects a subscription plan with a free trial period, then once the free trial period is over, the subscription amount will be automatically charged from the credit card associated with the account. Then afterwards the subscriber will be charged on the same date of every month if he/she has selected a monthly plan. If the subscriber selects a 3 months’ plan, 6 months’ plan or 1-year plan then he/she will be charged accordingly.
If a subscriber selects a plan that doesn’t have a free trial period, then he/she will be charged immediately and his/her billing cycle starts from that particular date. For example, if a subscriber selects a monthly plan on the 10th of a particular month, then he/she will be charged next on the 10th of the next month.
What Happens When a Subscriber Cancels
A subscriber can cancel his/her account any time he/she wants. Also you can remove any subscriber when it is required. When a subscriber cancels his/her account, he/she will not be able to access any content from your website. However, the subscriber can browse your website. After cancelling his/her account when a subscriber logs in next time, he/she will see a reactivation page. (Which increases your revenue potential and prevents misuse). After reactivating his/her account the subscriber can enjoy all the benefits of a paid subscriber.
Note: Once the subscriber cancels his/her subscription, he/she is allowed to complete their subscription term (monthly, yearly, etc.) and then after the subscription term is over, the subscriber won’t be able to access any content in your website.
What Happens On Payment Failure
We take the following actions in case of payment failure during the charge of a subscriber’s credit card.
- If any subscription fails during the charge of card, then we immediately send a payment failure E-mail to the Subscriber and the respective Admin simultaneously.
- We send 1st reminder E-mail to the subscriber only after 2 days of failure in payment.
- A final reminder goes to the user after 2 days of 1st reminder with mentioning the cancellation date.
- We cancel his/her subscription after 2 days of final reminder or within 6 days from the date of payment failure. This cancellation notification goes to both the subscriber and respective Admin for their information.
- We delete all data except E-mail address of the user after 30 days of cancellation of subscription without notifying the subscriber and Admin. (However, we don't delete any logs of the subscriber)
Note: If the subscriber adds or updates any Credit Card within the days between payment failure and cancellation, then we simply charge the due amount and send the invoice to the corresponding subscriber as well as to the Admin.