If you have any files in your File Library, then you can map them to content. So, your users can download the files by clicking on the download button of the content. You can also monetize the content. Users will be asked to pay for the content before downloading it. To enable file download, first, you need to enable the content download option in your store.
How to Enable Content Download
- To enable content downloads, go to “Manage Content” -->” Settings” in your CMS
- Under “Allow Content Downloads”, select the checkbox for “Enable Content Downloads”
- Finally, click on “Save”
How to Map File to Content
First, you need to add a VOD Single Part content and then you can map the file to the content. While adding the single-part content, you need to select only the “Download” option.
- Go to “Content Library” --> “Add Content” in the CMS.
- In the “Content Forms” field, select “VOD Single Part” form from the drop-down.
- In the “Content Option” field, select “Download” and deselect “Stream”
- Type the “Content Name” and select “Content Category”.
- If required, you can also provide information in other optional metadata fields.
- Click on “Save & Continue”.
- Once the content is added, go to the “Content Library”.
- Click on “Upload Video” on the right-hand side of the content.
- Then in the next screen, select the option “Choose from File Library”.
- Select the file you want to map with the content from the File Library.
- The mapping process will start. Once the file is mapped with the content, it will be available to the users for downloading.