Muvi provides comprehensive end to end solution to launch your own Audio on Demand platform. You can launch your Audio on Demand platform within few minutes with zero capital expenditure. Simply select the template, add content, upload audio and map audio to content. Your audio on demand platform is ready to go live!!! Users can enjoy their favorite music anytime, anywhere by accessing your website. You can also add subscription plans for your Audio on Demand platform. By adding subscription plans you can collect money from your users for listening music on your website/mobile app.
How to Enable Audio on Demand
You can select the Audio option at the time of free trial. If you have not selected the option, then you can select it later from “Manage Content” --> “Settings” in your CMS.
- Go to “Manage Content” -->“Settings” in your CMS.
- Under “Content Types”, select the check box for “Audio on Demand” (See Below Screenshot)
- Under “Metadata for Audio Type”, select the check box “Audio Single Part” if you want to add single audio files. If you want to add a music or audio album then you can select the option “Audio Multi Part”
- Finally, click on “Save”
Selecting Audio Only Template
After you enabled Audio on Demand, you can see the “Audio Only” template in the “Manage Template” page (Go to “Website” -->”Templates” --> “Manage Template”). Click on “Activate” to activate the template for your Audio on Demand website. (See Below Screenshot)
Adding Audio on Demand Content
You can add content in the “Content Library” page of your CMS.
- To add content, go to “Manage Content” --> “Content Library” page in your CMS.
- Click on “Add Content”
- In “Content Forms” field, select “AOD Single Part Form” from the drop-down list if you are adding a single audio file, select “AOD Multi-Part Parent, AOD Multi-Part Child” if you are adding a music/audio album.
- Type “Content Name” in the corresponding field
- Select the Record/Release date from the calendar
- Type a brief Story/Description about the content
- Select the Content Category from the list (Select Jazz, Pop, Rock, Instrumental etc.) Here you can select multiple category for the same content. Please visit "Managing Content Category" help article page for the steps to edit or create category.
- If you want to make the audio live at a specific time, then select the checkbox “Make it Live at Specific time” and then select the date from the calendar. (Please note you need to calculate your local time to the UTC time and set accordingly as we support UTC time zone only)
- Upload a poster by clicking on “Browse”
- Finally, click on “Save and Continue”
Note: If you have selected both the options Video on Demand and Audio on Demand and want to add only Audio on Demand content, then first you need to remove all the Video on Demand content.
- Now you can see the option to upload “Top Banner” and “Add Cast and Crew”. (See Below Screenshot)
- To upload top banner, click on “Upload Banner”. You can select the image from your computer or form the image library.
- To add “Cast and Crew”, click on “Add New Cast”. (You can add singer, music composer etc.)
Adding Content Categories To Website Menu
After adding the audio content, you need to add the content categories (Jazz, Pop, Rock, Instrumental etc.) to website menu. Once you added the content categories to website menu, it will be visible to your users when they visit your website.
- To add content categories to website menu, go to "Website" --> "Menu" in your CMS.
- Under "Set the Main Menu" click on "Categories". You will see all your audio content categories
- Select the check box for the category that you want to add to your website menu
- Click on "Add to Menu"
The content categories will be added to your website menu. You can drag and drop to re-arrange the menu structure.
Uploading Audio Files
Currently, you can upload .mp3, .wma, .wav, .aac, .flac, .aiff, .m4p, .m4a, .m4b, .webm, .dvf and .raw audio files.
- To upload the audio files, go to “Manage Content” --> “Audio Library”.
- In the “Audio Library” page, click on “Upload Audio”.
- There are 5 methods available in Muvi CMS to upload your audio files to your store.
1.From Computer (Browser-Based Upload)
2.Server to Server Transfer
5.Through S3 Sync (Share Audio Files From Amazon S3 Server)
To know more about how to upload audio files please Click Here.
Mapping Audio to Content
After uploading the audio file, you need to map it to the related content.
- To map audio file to content, go to “Manage Content” --> “Content Library”
- In the Content Library page, click on “Upload Audio” next to the content
- On next page, select the audio file you want to map to the content.
Once the audio file is mapped to the content, the status of the content will change from "Upload Audio" to "Change Audio".
How Users Can Play Audio
The audio is now mapped to the content. Your users can now click on the audio in your website and enjoy listening it anytime, anywhere they want.
Note: Currently, we do not have any option to close the Audio Player. You can only "Pause" the player. To close the player you need to refresh the page or switch the page.