By restricting Play Duration, you can restrict registered non-subscribers to play the content in your store for a limited time. The users can play the content only for few minutes and then they will get a warning message to purchase the subscription to continue and the content will stop playing. Either you can restrict the play duration for the entire platform or you can restrict the play duration of each content. This restriction feature will work for only registered non-subscribers (i.e. registered users who have not purchased any subscription plan) and it doesn't apply to the free content on your store.
Note: Currently, this feature is not available for mobile & TV apps.
Restrict Play Duration for Entire Platform
By restricting play duration for entire platform, you can restrict the play duration for all the content in your platform. That means, if you will set the play duration for the platform to 10 minutes, then it will be distributed among all content watched by the user. For example, if a user watched content A for 2 minutes, content B for 5 minutes and content C for 3 minutes then he/she will not be able watch any other content in your store as the 10 minutes of total restriction (2+5+3) is already used by the user. In another way the user can watch only one content in your store for 10 minutes or two content for 5 minutes each.
To set play duration for the entire platform, go to
- "User Features" -->"User Restrictions" in your CMS
- Select the check box "Play Duration"
- To enable content restriction for entire platform, select "For Entire Platform"
- Mention the time in HH:MM format (e.g. 00:10 for 10 minutes restriction). If you will set the restriction time to 10 minutes, then users can watch one content for 10 minutes or they can watch 10 content for 1 minute each.
Restrict Play Duration For Each Content
You can set play duration for each content. That means users can only play each content in your store for a specific time. For example, if you have restricted play duration for each content to 5 minutes, then a user can play content A for 5 minutes, content B for 5 minutes, content C for 5 minutes and so on.
- To enable play duration restriction for each content, go to "User Features" -->"User Restrictions" in the CMS.
- To enable content restriction for each content, select "For Each Content"
- Mention the time in HH:MM format (e.g. 00:05 for 5 minutes restriction). If you will set the restriction time to 5 minutes, then the users can watch each content in the store for 5 minutes only.
- Click on "Save"
- Duration for each content cannot exceed the duration for entire platform. (e.g. If the play duration restriction for entire platform is 5 minutes, then you cannot set play duration restriction for each content to 10 minutes.
- Each content duration cannot be set different for individual content. (e.g. for content A, B and C you cannot set different play duration)
- Users will get warning message when the content is played for the restricted time (e.g. 10 minutes, 2 minutes etc.)
Note: Users will not get the warning message at the exact time set by you as we are generating the video log in every 1 minute. For example, if the you have set the play duration time for each content to 00:02(i.e. 2 minutes) in the CMS, then the Non-subscriber user will get the warning message pop up in the front end in less than 3 minutes(i.e. at 2 minutes 56 seconds or 2 minutes 58 seconds), but not exactly at 3:00 minutes or more than that.