By setting up Daily Watch Duration limit, you can restrict non-subscribers to watch video on your website for a limited period of time on daily basis. That means if you will set the daily watch duration to 1 hour, then a non-subscriber can watch video only for 1 hour daily. After exceeding the watch duration, he/she will get a warning message that his/her daily watch limit is over. However, this is not applicable to subscribers and third-party content (YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion).
How to Enable Daily Watch Duration
- To enable “Daily Watch Duration”, go to “User Features” --> “User Restrictions” in your CMS
- Under “User Restrictions”, select the check box for “Daily Watch Duration”
- Set the watch duration in HH:MM format (i.e. Hour and Minute format and maximum value can be set to 23:59)
- Click on “Save”
- Daily Watch Duration option is only visible under “User Restrictions” (“User Feature” --> “User Restrictions”) when a store has subscription enabled. You also need to enable 2 step registration process on your store.
- This not applicable for third-party content (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion)
How Users Will Get Warning Message
Once the watch duration is over, users will get a warning message that they have exhausted the daily allowed watch duration and they will not be able to access the content anymore. The message will appear on the player window and the player will stop playing the content. If the users click on the “Ok” button, they will go back to the content details page. (See Below Screenshot) This restriction is applicable to all content in your content library.