SSO or Single Sign On Authentication offers your users with a unified authentication experience when they browse through either your applications and/or third party apps. Once your users logged into any one of the applications by using their user ID and password, they don’t have to enter their login credentials again and again to access other applications. They will be automatically logged into all the applications irrespective of the domain, technology or platform.
At Muvi, currently, we integrate SSO using SAML 2.0 (Security Assertion Markup Language) via COMCAST identity provider only. For SSO integration via COMCAST, first, you need to obtain the “Entity ID”, “Service Endpoint URL for Login”, “Service Endpoint URL for Logout” and “Signing Certificate” from COMCAST.
How to Enable SSO
Before integrating SSO, first, you need to enable this feature in your CMS.
- To enable SSO, go to “User Features” -->”Settings” in the CMS
- Select the checkbox for “Enable SSO Integration”
- Click on “Save”
- Once the SSO feature is enabled, you can see it in the User Features menu.
To integrate SSO to your store, you need to select the “Identity Provider” and “SSO Integration Type” and then “Configure the Identity Provider”.
- Go to “User Features” -->”SSO Integration” in the CMS.
- Under “Single Sign on Integration” select the “Identity Provider” (Currently, we only have COMCAST)
- Select the “SSO Integration Type” (Currently, we only have SAML 2.0)
- Under “Configure Identity Provider” type the following values (Which you have already obtained from COMCAST).
- “Entity ID”
- “Service Endpoint URL for Login”
- “Service Endpoint URL for Logout” (Optional)
- “Signing Certificate”
- Finally, click on “Save”
How Users Sign In Via SSO
- When users click on the “Register” or “Login” button in your store, they can see the “Sign in With COMCAST” option.
- Once they will click on “Sign in With COMCAST” they will be redirected to COMCAST site to login
- Users need to login using their COMCAST User ID and Password.
- Now they are signed in via SSO. Now, they don’t need to type their store user ID and Password to login to your store.