- Muvi allows you to upload different types of video extensions including mov, flv, vob, mp4, m4v, mkv, avi, 3gp & mpg. (We recommend to upload .mp4 videos to make the encoding process faster)
- You can also upload MFX (Material eXchange Format), Mezzanine file, Apple ProRes video format (422, 4444, 4444 XQ), HEVC encoded videos and UHD H265 + HDR videos
Note: We support ProRes video format across all devices and browsers for trailers.
- We convert all video formats to .mp4 (video codec - H264) format using FFMPEG.
- As per video resolution, we convert the video into multiple resolutions for different devices.
- For conversion, we use a high-end ec2 server, where conversion is done faster than the normal server.
- Muvi recommends uploading MP4 videos having video codec H.264. (If you upload videos with another codec, then your users may experience difficulty while playing the videos in mobile app or website, as every codec behaves differently.)
- The file size of one hour HD video is around 2 GB and a Standard Definition video is 500 MB to 1 GB.
- We use HTML5 video player & video.js for video streaming.
Please see the below table for the conversion details.
|Quality||Encoded Video Resolution||Video Size (Video Duration 1 Hour)|
|2160||Best, 1440, 1080, 720, 480||7910 MB|
|1440||Best, 1080, 720, 480||4394 MB|
|1080||Best, 720, 480, 360||2636 MB|
|720||Best, 480, 240, 144||1318 MB|
|480||Best, 360, 240, 144||690 MB|
|360||Best, 240, 144||439 MB|
|240||Best, 144||263 MB|
|144||Best, 144||175 MB|
Note: Video bitrate may differ from video to video. For example, a high quality video having 2160p resolution will have higher video bitrate for 360p after encoding. However, a video having 480p resolution will have lower video bitrate for 360p after encoding.