You can upload files (PDF, MS Word, MS Excel etc.) to your File Library through the CMS. After uploading the files in the File Library, you can share them with your end users. They can view and/or download the file.
Enable Content Downloads
First, you need to enable content downloads in your CMS. Once you enable this option, you can see the File Library in the CMS menu.
- To enable content downloads, go to “Manage Content” -->” Settings” in your CMS
- Under “Allow Content Downloads”, select the check box for “Enable Content Downloads”
- Finally, click on “Save”
How to Upload Files in File Library
- To upload files, go to “Manage Content” --> “File Library” in your CMS
- Click on “Upload File”
- Then click on “Upload File” to browse and select the file in your computer
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Upload”. The file will start uploading.
- Once the file is uploaded successfully you can see it under the File Library
You can view/download files by clicking on “View/Download” on the extreme right-hand side of the file, under Action column. (See Below Screenshot)
Deleting Files in File Library
You can delete any file in the File Library. You can delete a single file, or you can delete multiple files.
- To delete a single file, click on “Delete File” on the extreme right-hand side of the file
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to delete the file.
- To delete multiple files, select the checkbox on the left-hand side of the file. Then click on “Delete Selected”. The selected files will be deleted.
- You can also find a specific file to delete by typing its name in the Search Bar.
Sharing Files with End Users
Once you upload the files in the File Library, you can share it with your end users. They can view/download the files.
- To share a file, click on “Copy” on the right-hand side of the file. (See Below Screenshot)
- Then you can paste it inside a page of your website. (e.g., Static Pages including, About Us, Contact US, Terms and Privacy etc. or you can Create a New Page)
- You can also directly share the link with your end users.
Note: To view/download the file, users first need to login to your store.
- Users can download the files by clicking on the link you have added to a specific page. (e.g. Download Document)