- Muvi allows 9 video extension’s to upload - mov, flv, vob, mp4, m4v, mkv, avi, 3gp & mpg. (We recommend to upload .mp4 videos to make the encoding process faster)
- You can also upload Mezzanine file, Apple ProRes video format (422, 4444, 4444 XQ), HEVC encoded videos and UHD H265 + HDR videos
Note: We support ProRes video format across all devices and browsers for trailers.
- We convert all video formats to .mp4 (video codec - H264) format using FFMPEG.
- As per video resolution, we convert the video into multiple resolution for different devices.
- For conversion, we use a high-end ec2 server, where conversion is done faster than the normal server.
- Muvi recommends to upload MP4 videos having video codec H.264 . (If you upload videos with other codec, then your users may experience difficulty while playing the videos in mobile app or website, as every codec behaves differently.)
- The file size of one hour HD video is around 2 GB and a SD video is 500 MB to 1 GB.
- We use HTML5 video player & video.js for video streaming.
Please see the below table for the conversion details.
|Quality||Encoded Video Resolution||Video Size (Video Duration 1 Hour)|
|2160||Best, 1440, 1080, 720, 480||7910 MB|
|1440||Best, 1080, 720, 480||4394 MB|
|1080||Best, 720, 480, 360||2636 MB|
|720||Best, 480, 240, 144||1318 MB|
|480||Best, 360, 240, 144||690 MB|
|360||Best, 240, 144||439 MB|
|240||Best, 144||263 MB|
|144||Best, 144||175 MB|
Note: Video bitrate may differ from video to video. For example, a high quality video having 2160p resolution will have higher video bitrate for 360p after encoding. However, a video having 480p resolution will have lower video bitrate for 360p after encoding.