We are hiring a Database Administrator to join Muvi’s growing Engineering team. You will be working on some latest and greatest technology stack like Big Data, AI, Blockchain. To be successful at this role, you should be a self driven problem solver and excellent coder.
- Monitor and maintain DBs and middleware for efficiency, performance, backups, and standby data replication for applicable technologies;
- Proactively monitor the DB systems to ensure minimum downtime
- Evaluate DB performance; make recommendations to improve performance.
- Collaborates with other engineering teams and devops to work on application performance, tuning designs, metadata definitions, and infrastructure recommendations;
- Analyze DB redundancy modes, log file sizes, clustering, mirroring, and overall DB size to minimize disk space usage
- Performs capacity planning and monitoring of individual DB growth; assist application developers to determine database requirements.
- Perform environment cloning/copying of production environments to test and dev environments for data migration between systems.
- Carry out DB queries analysis for slow queries and complex join queries to help developers write performance driven SQL operations.
- Recommend DB architectures for both transactional and analytical systems; implements technologies such as DB job automation and scheduling.
- Understand the behaviour of NoSQL like Mongo and suggest the right usage of stack to developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related
- Minimum 7 years of work experience as a MySQL/Oracle Database Administrator
- Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Strong Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Good understanding of Accessibility and Security Compliance
- Knowledge of Cloud Services and Clusters like AWS EC2, S3
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture would be a bonus
- Have Self-directed work ethic with attention to detail and good communication skills
|Job Category||Software Development|