Mysql Database Administrator (Mysql, MongoDB and Elasticsearch)
We are looking for an experienced MySQL database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring a high performance, availability, and security of MySQL instances. You must have experience in other NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Elastic search.
You will also be responsible for doing all kinds of maintenance like upgrades, fixing, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will have the complete ownership of all databases that we use.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain databases in production and non-production environments.
- Have hands on experience in Mysql and NoSql databases like MongoDB and Elastic search
- 24/7 Support all failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment with MySQL native Replication.
- Owning the Database Maintenance activities e.g Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Troubleshooting Database issues on all levels: data corruption, data restore, data backup, recovery of offline databases, statement-level analysis.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations to enforce it across the organization that helps developers
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Coordinate with other team members and stakeholders. Drive any critical updates related to database failover.
- Identify and drive to fix all issues in databases i.e Slow Queries, database structure changes etc
- 5+ years of experience as DBA in MySQL, MongoDB, Elastic or similar technologies.
- Strong knowledge in MySQL database management, Relational schema definitions, Integrity constraints, Replication cluster, Log management to identify quickly the database issues
- Strong understanding of MySQL database fundamentals and query optimization i.e Query plan analysis, Full table scan optimizations, Query worker analysis, Query caching, Complex SQL queries with multiple joins, Views and stored procedures etc
- Must have strong knowledge of NoSQL databases for Concurrency and lock performance monitoring, WiredTiger for Mongo, GlobalLocks and Locks
- Must have experience related to performance tuning i.e Clustered and Non clustered Indexing, Sharding and Partitioning concepts, Versioned data rows and periodic data archival from transactional tables
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills