Live streaming is highly effective in reaching out a wide audience and inviting more engagement which ultimately pushes the overall revenue generation metrics. Statistics say that more than 45% of video viewers are watching more live streaming videos than a year ago around the globe, while 40% of the consumers claimed that such videos also increase their chances of buying a product even if they are on their mobile devices. This fact holds true not only for streaming businesses, but also for sectors like e-commerce & SaaS. 24/7 live streaming has also started to get popular. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced streamer, to produce a 24/7 live stream you know that choosing a quality live streaming platform is of utmost importance. In this blog we will guide you on how to choose a result oriented, easy to use and quality 24/7 live streaming platform to help you kick start your dream live streaming!
Choosing a 24/7 Live Streaming Platform
Opting for a quality live streaming platform is the most vital step to produce your 24/7 live stream. While the primary requirements are lag-free, high quality live streaming, there are more factors to consider. Here are a list of pointers you must consider while choosing a good live streaming platform-
- Built-in CDN that is-
- Supports multiple CDNs
- Helps you globally deliver your live stream easily
No matter what industry you are operating in, this is a must-have prerequisite for an efficient live streaming. It lets you deliver your live streaming faster and provide a seamless streaming experience to the viewers.
2. A robust Online Video Player (OVP) that offers multiple solutions such as-
- Lets you easily implement subtitles or dual audio
- Supports multiple monetization or revenue options like subscription based, video advertising, pay-per-view etc.
- Ensures cross device & browser compatibility
- Supports and enhances auto play and resume watch
Furthermore, live streaming can consume a significant amount of bandwidth and so you must have a clear knowledge of the prices and limitations of bandwidth of the OVP you are using. The good news here is that a quality live streaming platform can offer you unlimited bandwidth or bandwidth at reasonable cost to ensure seamless live streaming.
3. Lets you stream from the nearest server in order to-
- Provide your global viewers with seamless streaming experience
- Manage broadcast location from the CMS (Content Management System)
- Change the broadcast server’s location and verify it as and when required
4. Comes with a quality server that offers-
- Easy and fast integration with third party platforms
- Massive scale transcoding that supports all the codecs for videos and audios such as MPEG-2, H.264, VP8, AAC, AIFF, and DSD to name a few
Consider the Time & Cost
Once you have chosen a good live streaming platform, half the task is done. However, even for a feature-packed platform, you need to consider these two most important factors-
- Time to integrate the streaming platform or, make it ready
- What cost is required for 24/7 streaming like, whether you need to pay any additional charges or not, whether will require additional features to live stream or not
If you choose a quality live streaming platform, then you don’t need to worry about anything as-
- You can launch it just through a few button clicks
- You don’t need any in house team or additional tools to live stream
- Can easily organize 24/7 live stream for any industry- sports to entertainment
- Don’t need any add-ons for 24/7 live stream and hence can save additional spending
Also Read: How to Boost Your Product Launch With Live Streaming?
Look for Additional Features
Whenever it comes to live streaming, it’s not only about buffer free streams but also taking care of multiple other factors to provide your audience with a better and compact streaming experience irrespective of their devices, platforms, or time zones. Below are some of the additional feature-rich solutions you should always look for in a live streaming platform-
- Live stream recording so that you can convert it to on-demand content easily
- Social media integration that not only enables you to you share your live stream across diverse social media platforms but also lets you stream simulcast videos (live streaming videos simultaneously on multiple platforms)
- Comes with Analytics & Reports to let you track audience engagement during your 24/7 live streaming, their attention span, during which time the engagement spiked and others
- Provides DVR-enabled 24/7 live streaming solution, so that the viewers can pause, replay or rewind the live streaming at their convenience
- Provides round the clock support to ensure uninterrupted, glitch-free live streaming
Whenever you are streaming content online, there are always risks associated with content piracy that can put a solid full stop to your efforts. Apart from that, unauthenticated access gainers are also a huge issue. Your live streaming platform should be able to ensure impenetrable security. Always ensure that the platform comes with robust security solutions such as-
- Multi-DRM to protect your content from piracy
- Screen record protection
- PCI compliance
- Geo-blocking & VPN detection
These features will give your live streaming content multiple layers of protection from any possible cyberthreat or digital security infringement.
With the live streaming sector growing fast, there are a lot of live streaming platform providers you may come across. But in order to meet all the requirements for 24/7 live streaming, you must pick out a feature-pack live streaming platform that provides all the above solutions to not only let you deliver high quality 24/7 live stream but also helps in achieving your overall business goals.
Muvi Live, the enterprise-grade live streaming platform, comes with all the above-mentioned solutions and offers you even more advanced tools and solutions to take your streaming experience ahead of time and helps you create a lasting impression on your audience.
No need to fret and make a decision right away. To ease you into Muvi Live’s hassle free setup of live streaming services, we are offering a 14-day free trial opportunity.
YES! You can stream your first Live stream for FREE!
With nothing to lose, we say, get started right away (NO credit card needed)!