As per a new survey from Morning Consult, OTT streaming services proliferation may be burdening young audiences.
Some findings from the survey were:
- 57% of 18-29 year olds felt that there were too many streaming services.
- 42% felt that they were paying too much for them.
- 26% were’nt spending money at all on streaming services
- Majority subscribed to two or less.
- Most Americans spend $10 or less on streaming. Millennials spend slightly higher.
of it as theft.
- 55% of millennials were okay to subscribe to a streaming service for watching a specific show.
- 42% complained about the cost.
- 73% wanted to watch all shows on a single service and don’t want to pay much for it.
Additionally they want things like high quality of experience, on-demand access, trick-play functionality, latest releases, a wide variety of content in the library.