Written by: Roshan Dwivedi
According to Nielsen Streaming Meter, the measurement specialist, the overall streaming audience and what they are watching, the data reveals gender playing a big role in viewing habits.
Some of it’s findings were:
- 1,000 U.S homes actively used atleast 1 connected device.
- Hulu viewers are 62% female.
- YouTube viewers are 55% male.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime viewership is more balanced.
- Over a quarter of all streaming is done by people under 18 years old.
- Nearly half of streaming is by people under 18.
- 55% of Amazon Fire TV viewing is spent on Amazon content.
- Netflix is equally popular on all devices, whereas YouTube is more popular on game consoles.
- Streaming accounts for 12% of total TV viewing.
- 48% of viewers spend time viewing Netflix content which accounts for 6% of all TV viewing.
- Streaming video on demand (SVOD) services were used by 59% of households.
- 62.5% of TV households are internet TV enabled, meaning they access a streaming service with a connected device.
- Netflix is the most popular SVOD, in 59% of homes with an SVOD subscription, whereas Amazon is in 31% and Hulu in 13%.
Add your comment