Live streaming is quite the popular way to invite high engagement, promotions and more. From SaaS to entertainment, the mode of streaming is now a very important part of any and all go-to-market plans and strategies. A survey revealed that live videos draw 27% more minutes of watchtime per view compared to the VoD content. Hence, no wonder it is being adopted rapidly to achieve better views, and to reach the overall goal/target for various events, meetings etc. Most of the music concerts, business conferences, product launches, webinars now use live streaming to reach their audiences. But there are many scenarios where the business owners, stakeholders and artists struggle to make their live videos a success.
Unlike VoDs, live videos are streamed real-time directly to the audience for engaging them in real-time; which done in any other way becomes quite challenging to achieve. Live streaming itself being a dynamic sector, there are many trends, and factors that keep changing and hence here is our latest guide to market your live videos in 2022 and all you need to know about it-
Marketing Your Live Videos in 2022- A Detailed Guide
1. Audience Research
You can invest a hefty amount of money in creating live videos but overlooking this basic thing may come into the way of turning it into that “big success item”. Based on the type of live stream, your business area/niche, you need to segregate your audience and for that you need to do a thorough research. List out the following-
- Audience age group
- Time zones
- The language they speak in
- How are they engaging to the similar live videos/responding to them
- What type of live stream they expect from your brand/you
You can conduct online polls/voting to know the audience opinions and align your live stream accordingly to make it successful.
2. Market Analysis
Based on the market you are operating in like SaaS, ecommerce, automotive, IT etc. or any sector like entertainment, music or OTT, there can be various market dynamics, trends, key platforms, etc. And so it is a prerogative to have in-depth knowledge on the current market. Some tips to help you in analyzing or researching on the respective markets/sectors-
- Get the purpose of analysis- whether you want to have an idea about the market trends, how relevant your live videos will be, or you want to have an insight on the type of audience you should be targeting or you want an overview of the sector
- Study the overall outlook of the industry/sector
- Analyze the key audience
- Track the competition, especially, the marketing strategies, live video promotion, live stream themes, success rates of your competitors etc.
- Determine your position in the present industry, what goals you have and how well your live videos can help you meet them, what are the other tactics that are followed by the competitors when it comes to live streaming, how to stand out from the competition with your unique strategies etc.
It is a good practice to do a thorough market research in the beginning, because each of your live videos must have a purpose and you must market it properly to reach the target you have in mind.
3. Targeting Diverse Platforms
It is obvious that you have opted for a good live streaming platform to stream your live videos or are going to choose one. But, do you have a well-planned strategy on how you are going to cover most of the platforms including promoting on social media? No matter how advanced your live stream platform is, making live videos and sharing them over a single platform won’t suffice. It is always recommended to chalk out on which additional platforms you can promote your live stream to benefit. Our take on this? Always go for a live streaming platform that allows easy social media integration. Data revealed that 42% of the global population, which is nearly 3.2 billion people use social media. However, when you are targeting multiple social media platforms you need to keep in mind the different trends, algorithms, and other factors. Following tips may help you in this case-
- Use exclusive promo videos over social media platforms before you share your live video
- Try to limit the promotional video content between 15 to 90 seconds to draw the audience attention
- Use posters, promotional posts, flyers etc. over social media to create the hype before your live stream
- Target connected TV ads to reach to reach even a wider audience
- Set up your priorities based on the audience’s inclination of watching videos on different platforms. Such as, the rate of audience watching videos on Instagram is 51%, while the same on Facebook is 46%, followed by Twitter, Pinterest and others
- Create shareable short videos that include exclusive highlights along with promos of your live stream so that viewers can not only watch them but also can share them easily
- Don’t forget to utilize YouTube to share your live stream promo as well as the live stream for better visibility, reach and SEO optimization
- Ensure that you simultaneously live stream on all these social media platforms
4. Call to Action
Call to action buttons let your audience take instant action. They go well with any form of content that you use to market your live stream. For instance, if you are arranging a live music concert, then always keep CTA buttons along with the promo videos, posters, and other social posts so that the interested audience can instantly book a ticket, or secure an early bird offer. Similarly, if you are live streaming a SaaS product launch, then CTAs can be used to offer exclusive discounts on the newly launched product, or to avail an exclusive demo or others. The goal is- not only marketing your live stream videos but at the same time help them fulfill the purpose- be it more sales of your new product or concert tickets or acquiring subscribers.
5. Consistency is the Key
If you are live streaming for the first time, then know that marketing your live video is not at all an overnight task. You may leave no stone unturned to market your live videos and yet the audience can forget you as soon as your live stream is over. The goal is to create a long-lasting image/impact of your brand/individual, and so you need to come up with regular video content such as-
- About Us Videos
- Brand Story Videos
- Product Demonstration Videos
- How-to Videos
- Interactive Live Sessions
- Customer Testimonials
- Event Videos
Note that, the above mentioned videos don’t always need to be live but they all together help in retaining the viewers or audience who can relate with your products/services/brand or individual image. As a result, it will be much easier to draw them to each of your live videos and reach the goals.
While live videos are an effective way to reach out to your audience and increase your brand/business/products visibility and reach, you need to adopt good marketing strategies to stand tall in the crowd. As discussed above, consistency is often the key to success, every live video is a new opportunity to reach the goal you are striving for. Through a robust and impactful marketing plan, it is possible to achieve that.
Muvi Live is one of its kind of enterprise-grade live streaming platform that not only lets you live stream seamlessly but allows you to implement all the marketing strategies at the click of a button and from one single dashboard!! Packed with feature-rich solutions, Muvi Live takes care of everything- flawless social media integration to monetizing your live videos.
Don’t delay your leap into the growing market. You can make it big too! Start today, take the 14-day free trial of Muvi Live and start live streaming your next video completely free (no credit card required)!