Are you wondering where, to begin with, your product videos? Producing product videos includes several practices. Whether you sell products or services, product video can make or break the moment for your potential consumers. Following best practices can help you improve conversion and boost user engagement rates. A great product video informs as well as inspires the audience to give their attention and spend money on your offerings.
Before you start recording your video, here are eight steps to make great product videos and make them a success.
Create a Product Video Plan
The first and most important job you need to accomplish in making your product video is to have a plan at hand. You need to figure out exactly what you want to achieve with your video content. You must consider what you want to present in your product video and what info you want to spread about the product across the audience.
Before planning you should consider asking these questions to yourself:
- What are the important features of your product and how it can solve consumers’ problems? – Think about how your product can solve customers’ problems and make their life easier and accordingly craft a video that not only helps consumers know about the product but also help them identify why they should consider buying your product.
- What queries do customers frequently come out with? – While planning a product video, ensure you address all the potential queries of your consumers.
- Does your product have any unique backstory that makes it tempting to potential buyers? – if your product has a unique backstory that can make your product more appealing, consider telling it to the audience through your product video.
- Does Your product have several varieties? – If your product has varieties, then consider creating separate videos for each product. Otherwise, you can also include all the varieties in a single video. Think about what is convenient for your consumer.
Select the appropriate Format
After planning out your product video, the next step is to select one appropriate format. While selecting the format, consider how you would like to execute the product video in terms of narration. The three most popular formats are:
- Someone on camera showing off your product
- Voice over
- Titles and captions in action
Once you identify the key features of the product you want to share with your audience, gather ideas around how you want to present them in front of your audience. For product videos such as clothing, shoes, art, and jewelry your goal must be to give your audience an in-depth vision of the product and explore the features of the item as if they were exploring the product in person.
Create a script including a brief intro of the product and then showcase all the major features that the audience would discover advantageous.
If your product is a utility product like Kitchen tools or else electronics, you might consider showing it in action in your product video. Give a brief demonstration of somebody using it.
Once you are ready with the script, gather all the assets you need to produce a video. Go to the inventory and find out photos and video shots earlier that could be utilized to explain the product in your video. These assets might include assets created by you, and shared with your consumers. While gathering such assets, you also have to grab a high-resolution logo for branding.
Once you have formed the script, collected the video clips, and shot all your photos and video clips, choose music and the flow of how you are going to narrate your product’s story, and finally edit your clips, photos, music, text, and graphics all together to produce your video.
Ensure Maximum Engagement
There are millions of video content present online. You need to stand out from your competitors and to achieve this, it’s vital to make sure your video is engaging. There are two things to keep in mind that will make your video engaging:
- Keep it short and to the point – consumers prefer to watch videos that are under 60 seconds. Fifteen images of fifteen video clips will result in a one-minute duration video.
- Capture attention without audio in the first few seconds – if you are creating a Facebook video, keep in mind that the audience needs to click to hear audio so ask yourself whether your video is capable of capturing attention without sounds within the first few seconds.
Do you have a brand logo for your business? And what about the theme color of your brand? Ensure to add it to your videos. You want the video to stand out and people can easily recognize that it’s coming from your business.
You cannot have a product video without adding a piece of quality music to it. Music is an important element of any video. It sets the mood or energy of your video. You must put some thought into any background tracks to use. Here are some tips for selecting and adding music to it:
- Select an upbeat track to make the audience happy
- Make sure lyrics relate to the product
- If you are using a voiceover or a video in which someone speaking with the camera, avoid using music with lyrics
- If you don’t want to start the song from the beginning, you can edit and add it in the catchiest section
- Only use the music you have the right to use
Never forget Call-to-Action
Always keep in mind including a call-to-action in your video so that the audience knows what action you would like them to take after watching.
This call-to-action could be anything from visiting your website to making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter.
The three most common methods of including call-to-action in your videos are:
- Add a title card at the end of your video that helps viewers to take the next steps
- Use voice or an individual saying on camera what to do next
- Add a call-to-action button to your video so that your audience can click and visit a new link
If you are an entrepreneur and looking for a solution that could manage and distribute video content across your audience, consider using Muvi Flex! It is a comprehensive video solution that allows you to add immersive video experiences to your website and applications. Build responsive video solutions into your website or application using Muvi Flex’s HTML5 player, APIs, and SDKs. Start a 14-days free trial now and explore the benefits of using a comprehensive video streaming solution.