Muvi Blogs

Beyond The Buzz- Latest Insights From Muvi

Hulu - Latest updates on Hulu

blog_opt_6

70% of Hulu users prefer ad-supported subscription plan

Hulu, the leading American subscription VoD platform, has a majority of subscribers on its $5.99 monthly ad-supported plan. According to survey reports, almost 70% of users prefer watching advertisements on Hulu. Apart from the ad-supported subscription plan, Hulu also offers no-commercial versions at $11.99. Currently, Hulu has some 85,000 TV and movies with bundles of …

blog_opt_6

Disney now takes complete control of Hulu

Disney, the American media & entertainment conglomerate, announces a strategic ownership deal with Comcast to buy the stakes of Hulu, for a minimum of $27.5 billion in 2024. With this move, Comcast has become a silent investor and Disney now takes full operational control of Hulu. Earlier, Hulu was jointly owned by 21st Century Fox, …

blog_opt_6

Hulu Records a Total of 28 Million Subscribers in the US

On contrary to 2018 Q4 stats, Hulu has gained more 3 million subscribers in Q1 2019. With this, Hulu has now a total of 28 million online streaming subscribers in the US region, out of which 26.8 million are paid users. Despite being available only in the US, Hulu manages to secure its third-place position …

blog_opt_6

Hulu Buys Back AT&T’s 10% stake for $1.43 billion

Hulu, the American streaming service company acquires AT&T’s 10% (technically 9.5%) stake in the company over a deal of $1.43 billion. With this transaction, the unprofitable Hulu now values at $15 billion. As AT&T exits the board, Disney and Comcast remain the sole owner of Hulu with 60% and 30% stakes respectively. Upon this acquisition, …

blog_opt_6

Disney closes Acquisition Deal with 21st Century Fox for $71 Billion

The Walt Disney Company finally completes its acquisition of 21st Century Fox for $71 billion. With this deal, Disney is all set to roll out its direct-to-consumer (DTC) streaming strategy and expand its presence to new audiences worldwide. Disney’s DTC is expected to launch later this year and will mainly include Disney+, ownership interest in …

blog_opt_6

Disney Becomes the Majority Owner of Hulu with 60% Share

After closing the $71.3 Billion merger deal with Fox Group, Disney now owns Fox’s 30% ownership of Hulu, leading to a total of 60% share in the company. With this, Disney becomes the majority owner of Hulu, and the rest 40% share is owned by Comcast (30%) and AT&T (10%). As Disney holds the majority …

blog_opt_6

Get Hulu for Free with Spotify Premium

Spotify announces the addition of Hulu in its premium subscription package, at no extra cost. However, Spotify’s premium plan, priced at $9.99 per month, has not managed to make Hulu free of commercials. The combo offer is valid for a limited period on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the offer is taken, subscribers can enjoy …

blog_opt_6

Record-Breaking Hike on Home Entertainment Expenditure for Streaming Services

The subscription streaming services along with TVOD (Transactional Video-On-Demand) has made consumers set a new record in home entertainment in 2018. Last year, consumers had spent a total of $23.3 billion on home entertainment which is calculated to be a 11.5% hike from 2017. SVOD (Subscription Video-On-Demand) services, especially Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu, …

blog_opt_6

Top 5 Features You Must Have in your Video Streaming app

The growing popularity of OTT services has given rise to a lot of competition in the digital market which has only bettered the core output called online streaming. While the Netflixes, Hulus, Prime Videos are winning big and flaunting enviable subscribers in their quarterly reports, often smaller players lag behind despite a good content library …

blog_opt_6

Netflix’s New Feature lets Subscribers watch Video and Chat simultaneously

Video streaming service, Netflix is all set to woo its Canadian subscribers with a feature where users can group chat with fellow subscribers while watching online videos on its platform. This takes binge-watching to a whole new level. While the new addition is a more than a welcome move from Netflix, it would be interesting …

Tags

Latest Tweets

Join Us On Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter


We use cookies for best experience on website. By using our site you agree to

Cookies Policy