Watching sports live on OTT has become the most easily accessible way of watching content. Today, with the growing high-speed internet and the increasingly affordable streaming devices such as mobile phones, laptops, etc., the future of sports live streaming is expected to continue growing and evolving, and if you want to earn your place in the sports streaming market, you need to know the best spots streaming services available for your brand,
With more and more tournaments being broadcast live on the internet and amassing huge audiences online, choosing the right technology partner to deploy your live sports streaming platform becomes even more crucial. Nobody likes a great home run interrupted by poor streaming,
Some Live Sports Streaming Insights
Live streaming platforms have witnessed tremendous growth and new records being broken every season of different sports tournaments.
- Jio Cinema has set a new world record of 25.3 million concurrent users streaming Qualifier 2 of the 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League, This is the highest online streaming recorded for IPL this year.
- On December 18, 32 million viewers from India logged in to watch Messi lift the World Cup.
- The global live-streaming market size is $1.49 billion as of 2023. It is predicted that this number will reach $184.3 billion by 2027.
- Sports accounts for 37% of all TV viewing everywhere.
How Users Are Watching Sports Online?
The landscape of sports streaming has changed significantly in recent years. Today, as evident from the data shared above, more and more users are watching sports online and the devices they are using are limitless. This shift in sports viewership and the accessibility of sports on a screen has created a mammoth industry of advertisements and sponsorships. It has also given the fans the convenience of watching their favorite sports programs whenever and wherever they wish to.
Here are a few ways in which live sports are being accessed today.
Live Streaming Platforms
Live streaming platforms are increasingly popular among sports fans these days. Platforms such as Hotstar, ESPN+, DAZN etc offer a wide range of sports content that includes live streaming, pre and post match analysis, celebrity interviews and much more. These platforms are accessible on phones, tablets, smart televisions, and other streaming devices making them an ideal choice for live sports streaming.
Mobile Apps & Websites
Sports organizations and leagues have developed their own dedicated mobile apps and websites to cater to the growing demand for online sports consumption. These apps and websites provide users with live scores, real-time updates, video highlights, interviews, and behind-the-scenes content.
Social Media Platforms
Some sports events, particularly local sports events or events with a very limited audience also get streamed directly to various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram etc.
VR-Based Sports Viewing
Today, 100s of cameras work simultaneously to deliver the best sports viewing experience on a screen. VR has gone a step further and with the right gears, fans can now get an immersive stadium live experience in the comfort of their homes. These 360-degree viewing experiences are currently limited and only a few sports streaming companies support them.
Official Sports Streaming Platforms
Many sports leagues and organizations have their own official streaming platforms or partnerships with streaming services. These platforms allow users to watch live games, highlights, and other related content. Examples include NBA League Pass, NFL Game Pass, NHL.TV, MLB.TV, and ESPN+.
Top 5 Live Sports Streaming Services in 2023
Live streaming sports content can be a complicated task to say the very least. A number of tools have to be combined to create a live stream that is lag-free, compatible on multiple platforms, and produces insights. Want to get all of it on a single platform? Here are the best live sports streaming services that you can opt for to start your career in sports streaming.
Muvi Live is an enterprise-grade live streaming platform that helps both beginners and professionals broadcast live streams seamlessly without any coding hassles. equipped with DRM, Live Chat, DVR, and video cards, Muvi Live is a one-stop solution for all live streaming requirements.
- Broadcast enterprise live streaming from multiple cameras to your website, phone applications, and TV applications as it is supported across all platforms and devices. Reach a larger audience every time you stream with Muvi Live.
- Amazon CloudFront-backed live-streaming delivers live content at lightning speeds from the nearest server to your broadcast location.
- Muvi Live supports adaptive bitrate streaming to ensure that content is delivered lag-free to devices across all types of internet speeds creating an uninterrupted streaming experience for most of the users.
- Seamless integration to Muvi Ads enables you to monetize your live streams by displaying ads during matches to all types of Android and iOS devices and much more.
- Muvi Live is backed by a secure infrastructure with firewalls, SSL encryption, and a powerful DRM to protect your live streams. Muvi Live’s studio-approved DRM keeps your live sports events from piracy with advanced screen recording protection and screenshot capture.
- Data is important and Muvi Live enables you to track the performance of your streams by analyzing factors such as drop-of rates, device users, buffering time, and much more.
- Live streaming service is billed on the basis of Pay As You Go (PAYG) which means you only pay for what you use and no fixed subscription charges.
- Conduct meetings with up to 600 participants and broadcast them directly using Muvi Meetings plugin with Muvi Live. No need for separate conferencing tools.
- Record your live streams and publish them as on-demand content wherever you want generating multiple productions from a single content.
- With Muvi Live you can start live streaming right from your mobile phone directly to your audiences.
- Increase your engagement with your audience by using Muvi Live’s chat feature that enables your viewers to interact with you as well as others as configured by the admin.
Pricing: Built with the intention to be affordable for all, Muvi Live does not have any subscription fee but instead works on the Pay As You Go (PAYG) model where you only pay for what you use and not a penny more.
A complete live video production and live streaming software solution, it lets users create, mix, switch, and record live streams on a Windows PC or laptop. A comprehensive solution, it also comes with its own Canvas editor to design backgrounds.
- 4K, HD, and SD Capable
- Simultaneous streaming, recording, and output capabilities
- Easy to add graphics and effects
Only works for Windows machines
Basic HD plans start at US$ 60 a month
JW Player is all-purpose live streaming software built for broadcasters, publishers, and other businesses that require live streaming capability. Equipped with an innovative dashboard and monetization capability, this can be a great option for large-scale broadcasters.
- 24/7 Live Streaming to web, OTT and CTV.
- Supports all monetization such as AVOD, SVOD and TVOD.
- DRM-enabled content protection.
Difficult to set up for small businesses
Another cloud based live streaming software solution, Restream lets you live stream directly to various channels such as multiple social media, company websites and many more. Equipped with robust analytics, Restream gives you indepth analysis of all your streams across all platforms.
- Live Video Recording
- Multi-platform streaming support
- RTMP Streaming capabilities with higher plans
- Stream scheduler
- The free version does not come with many features
Paid plans starting at US$ 16/ month
A feature-rich OBS-based live streaming provider, Streamlabs comes with a complete set of tools needed to start your live sports streaming journey. A desktop-based software, it has to be installed on your windows or Mac device.
- Mobile live streaming capability for Android and iOS
- Professional video editor and collaboration tools.
- Stream directly to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc
- Multistreaming support
- Powerful desktop required for smooth functioning of the software
Paid plans start at US$ 19/ month
Get Muvi Live and discover the Best Live Sports Streaming Experience
Live sports streaming is fairly difficult but the right software solution can make it easy for you. Muvi Live is one such software platform that can make a difference in your live sports streaming journey. Equipped with features such as social media integration, a chat box, a customizable player, and much more, Muvi Live can deliver great live streaming even from a handheld mobile device.
All of this and much more comes with no subscription cost but just the infrastructure charges that you consume. Start for today!
Consider various factors such as pricing, customer support, streaming quality, multi-device capability etc and decide what works best for you.
It depends on the contracts with the service provider. If the contract allows free streaming, it will be available or else it will be available for a price.
Content delivery networks or CDNs ensure that content reaches audiences globally enabling a lag-free streaming experience everywhere.