According to a research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc (LRG), 64% of all US households have a subcription video on demand (SVOD) service from one of the three big players namely Netflix, Amazon Prime and / or Hulu.
- 51% of these households have more than one of these services. There has been a rise in the use of SVOD also in recent years. 29% of adults stream SVOD which is up from 16% in 2015.
- 51% of young adults in the age group of 18-34 stream an SVOD service daily which is up from 33% in 2015. Some other findings include:
- 62% of pay-TV subscribers have an SVOD service as opposed to 72% pay-TV non-subscribers with a TV.
- 83% of those that have an SVOD service have Netflix.
- 75% with Netflix also have a Pay TV service
- 43% of adults watch video on non-TV devices which includes home computers, mobile phones, iPads, tablets and eReaders) daily.
- 74% of adults that watch video on mobile phones usually watch video on their mobile phones at home.
- 87% of those that watch video on iPad / tablet or eReader typically watch at home. Read More