Wanna get more engagement with your live streams? Well, I’m sure you have tried a million ways to get more traction from your popular live videos, but still, it doesn’t fetch as much traffic as you would ideally want. Solution? Simulcasting– yes, you heard that right! In this blog, we are going to give you all the information you need to simulcast your videos to multiple destinations. The end result? Huge traffic on your live events!
What is Simulcasting?
For those who are stumbling upon this new word, simulcasting is a portmanteau word that is the combination of ‘simultaneous’ and ‘broadcasting’. So, it basically means to broadcast several channels at once, so that you can meet your audience where they are, and increase your live streaming viewership numbers.
If you just stream to one platform, you may limit the number of people that you reach. But if you simulcast to multiple destinations—your website, social platforms, mobile apps, etc you could reach out to millions of viewers. In fact, it’s one of the best ways to reach a wider audience.
[Muvi enables you to reach your viewers wherever they are, be it on Twitter, Facebook Live, Twitch or YouTube Live.]
Benefits of Simulcast Streaming your Live Events
- Multi-platform live streaming has many benefits. The primary one, of course, is maximizing your audience reach.
- It saves a great amount of time and effort as you don’t have to go to individual social platforms and live stream. You can just live stream your event once and get it published simultaneously on desired platforms like YouTube, Periscope, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Did you know that one in five videos on Facebook is now a live broadcast?
- Simulcasting enables you to maximize your audience or fan base on social media with minimum effort. You can market your live broadcasts on diverse platforms and reach out to millions of people at once.
How does Simulcasting Work?
If you are thinking of live video streaming service to multiple locations, you have a few options.
- Option One– You can use a software that specializes in Simulcasting.
- Option Two– Go for a software encoder which is a more technical option.
- Option Three, the easiest one- Simply use the share code generated by your streaming service provider. No technicalities!
Simulcast Streaming Using Share Codes
The best and hassle-free way to deal with simulcast streams is through share codes using a professional streaming service. You would not have to deal with any technicalities here. In this method, you share your live streams to multiple social networks via a share code.
Well, the truth is, this is not really simulcasting but based on a process of copy-pasting a link on Facebook, Youtube, or other social platforms. Sharing such links will create a thumbnail on display whereby your viewers can tap on it and the live video content opens on a new tab.
The best advantage of this method is that you can monetize your live video with multiple monetization options which neither Youtube nor Facebook has when it comes to monetization tools. You can deploy ad-based monetization, PPV, or subscriptions.
Broadcasting Multi-destination Live Streams through Encoding Software
This is a much more technical solution to simulcast- you have to enable multi-destination live streaming at the encoder level itself.
The main disadvantage of this method is that it requires more bandwidth. This is because you have to dish out multiple copies of the same live stream. Another huge drawback of this method is that if you are streaming to Facebook, it does not allow streamers to broadcast to multiple platforms simultaneously.
Simulcasting is extremely beneficial when it comes to getting more views on your live streams and brand building. It makes your live broadcasts more accessible allowing you to add more followers on social platforms.
From the above-mentioned list of the possible ways of live streaming to multiple destinations, choose a simulcasting option that works best for you!
With Muvi, Simulcasting is easier done than said! Take a 14-day FREE trial, now!