Over the past few years, the OTT marketing industry has witnessed an unpredictable acceleration towards cloud migration. The digital movement from legacy business infrastructure to cloud streaming platforms has enabled OTT businesses to establish agility, performance improvement, cost-effectiveness, and reinvent their product offerings.
In this blog, you will learn-
- What is cloud migration?
- Why are OTT brands shifting to cloud streaming platforms?
- Difference between on-premise and cloud streaming servers
- The top 5 advantages of migrating to cloud streaming
What is cloud migration?
Cloud migration/adoption is the process of switching your traditional organizational assets, databases, services, applications, and resources to the cloud.
Why are OTT brands shifting to cloud streaming platforms?
- The transition from traditional cable networks to online streaming platforms gave users the freedom to access OTT content from any device, at any time. It gave users more control over their content viewing experience, resulting in OTTs’ ever-increasing popularity.
- With the massive upsurge in video viewership, broadcasters faced difficulties in scaling up their OTT infrastructure and workforce in order to meet the audience’s demand for a high-quality user experience at a low subscription cost.
- On-premise streaming is resource-intensive, mandate upfront costs and continuous maintenance. As a result, several OTT brands shifted their OTT base to the cloud streaming platform. OTT cloud streaming cuts of the drawbacks associated with on-premise infrastructure and leverages the efficiency of OTT streaming services.
Difference between on-premise and cloud streaming servers-
Application maintenance is reliant on the enterprise’s IT infrastructure and processes due to in-house resource deployment.
Resource deployment is handled over the service provider’s platform, and enterprises are allowed to access those resources at any time.
Enterprises are liable for the overall cost of hardware, storage, staffing, and maintenance when deploying services.
Organizations that wish to employ cloud services must pay for the specific resources they require. There is no need to pay for upkeep.
Suitable for predictable user traffic.
Scale up your capability while maintaining zero downtime when dealing with external user requests.
Top 5 advantages of migrating to cloud streaming-
1. Secure end-to-end video streaming-
Nothing matches cloud streaming data protection when it comes to streaming security. Some of the top security constraints that cloud streaming takes care of are-
- DRM encryption- Anti-piracy protection ensures video content is transmitted in encrypted form.
- Geoblocking- Restricts access to streaming content based on the user’s geographical location.
- HTTPS streaming- Allows streaming content to be delivered over an HTTP-based content delivery network.
2. Cost-cutting measures-
By migrating to the cloud OTT platform, OTT businesses can reduce operational costs and deliver quality audio, video, and live streaming content at a low subscription price.
3. All-time low streaming latency-
Legacy OTT infrastructure was limited to geolocation, imposing restrictions over the latency of video and audio streams. The cloud OTT migration, removed geographical constraints, resulting in all-time low video latency.
4. Better ingesting and transcoding-
The cloud OTT streaming platform allows broadcasters to ingest a multitude of video files and transcode them in the cloud. It is time-savvy and cost-effective.
5. Service scalability is simple-
Now OTT service providers can effortlessly scale up services simply by adding additional cloud resources. No more purchasing of traditional IT infrastructures.
- Now that you have read the entire blog, I’m sure you’ve made the decision to scale up your OTT platform to the cloud and are looking for the best cloud streaming platform service.
- Muvi flex is a comprehensive video solution that lets you host, manage and deliver multi format video and audio files across any devices and platforms.
- Muvi’s top features simplify VOD, AOD, and live streaming services through inclusive cloud encoding, transcoding, analytics, and data distribution.
Now broadcasters can take a 14-day trial of Muvi Flex and discover unlimited audio/video and live streaming hosting possibilities.
Try Muvi’s 14-day free trial now!!!!