The online live streaming industry has grown 99% between April 2019 and April 2020. So, you could well imagine the popularity of live streaming encompassing all fields. One of the main reasons for its growth has been the adoption of recording live broadcasts. Recording your live streams is always a good idea as, let’s face it- you have put in a lot of time, effort and money into your live streams. So, live recording your streams offer you the option of either accessing a VoD version of the stream after the event or simply as a reference copy in your archive. In this post, we will walk you through the process to record live streams in the Muvi Live CMS.
Why should you Care about Recording Live Streaming?
While there are several advantages to capturing live streaming video online, here are a list of the most important ones.
1. Better Outreach– When you live stream, many of your viewers may miss out on catching it due to several reasons like low bandwidth, bad internet connection, unavailability at the exact time due to prior engagements, etc. Here comes the importance of recording live streams- a live broadcast recording can be stored in the archive and published later for your viewers to watch it in their own sweet time. This option helps drive better live streams viewership.
2. Re-watch Option for your Audience– It often happens that a significant share of your audience may want to re-watch your live streams. Making live streams accessible after the stream has ended is of immense use to your biggest fans. Some of your viewers may be an ardent fan of your content and might want to come back to re-watch your live recordings again and again. This is especially true for sports fanatics.
Also Read: Why Live Streaming Sports is on the Rise: A Detailed Guide
3. Extend Revenue Opportunities– This is one of the biggest advantages of recording live events. If generating revenue is your primary goal, recording streams for on-demand playback can help you to maximize your profits.
With Muvi Live, you can utilize the PPV model to monetize your exclusive live streams.
How to Record Live Streams on the Muvi Live CMS:
Muvi Live is a professional live video hosting platform that has a live recording feature so that you could record and store your exclusive live content for later use with minimal efforts. The live streams will be recorded and stored in the ‘Asset Library’ and you can easily download the recorded live streams in MP4 format. To use this feature, you’ll need a Muvi Live account. Let’s see a step-by-step guide of the Muvi Live CMS to record live streams:
Step 1: Enable Record Stream in Muvi Live
You will have to enable the ‘Record Stream’ feature while adding live stream content in Muvi Live.
- Go to Muvi Live and click on “Live Stream Library” and then click on “Add Stream”.
- Type the “Stream Name and the “Description” about the live stream.
- Select the checkbox for the “Record Stream” option and the live stream will be recorded in MP4 format. Save the video.
In this way you will be able to start the live stream. Once you stop the stream, the recorded version will be automatically saved in the “Asset Library”.
Step 2: Download Recorded Live Stream
To view and download the recorded live stream:
- Click on “Asset Library” and then click on “Preview” to preview it.
- For downloading the recorded stream, click on “Download”.
- If you want to delete the recorded stream, then click on “Delete”.
That’s it! Recording live broadcasts with Muvi Live is that simple!
If you had difficulties following the CMS guide, here’s a quick video tutorial to walk you through the entire process:
var viewPortTag=document.createElement(‘meta’);viewPortTag.name=’viewport’;viewPortTag.content=’width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;’;window.parent.document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’).appendChild(viewPortTag);
Additionally, if you have added the live stream in the Muvi Live CMS, you could also record the live stream from the Muvi Live App! Cool, isn’t it?
Still having issues while live streaming? Our support team is available 24X7 so that you could easily contact them whenever you need any assistance.
There is a lot of value in recording your online live streams for various purposes like on-demand playback, monetization and promotional creatives. Signing up with Muvi Live Server eases your process of recording live broadcasts as the process is quick and simple.
Ready to try out our new feature? Take a 14-day Free Trial for better clarity!