Written by: Aditya Nayak
6 years with MUVI! It’s a really long journey… How was the experience?
- Products – All the products are relevant and cutting edge. This is one of the primary reasons why the sales revenue jumped over 16,000% from 2016 to 2021.
- Work Culture – I cannot emphasize enough on how good the work culture is at Muvi. There is openness in dealings, a flat culture where anyone can get in touch with the senior management without thinking twice, open to new ideas and initiatives, irrespective of the seniority. The list is endless.
- Vision – Many a times I have seen companies with great products fail because they don’t have a clear vision. Here at Muvi, the CEO has a very clear vision and the upper management is very well aligned to it. This will make Muvi a bigger force to reckon with in the future.
In these whole 6 years long journey, what you gave, what you took?
The past 6 years have been about giving a lot of smiles to my fellow colleagues, team members, and clients. I have always dealt with everyone with honesty and high ethical standards and this has resulted in me getting a lot of smiles back from all the stakeholders, including my team.
In return, I have had one of the best team members who always go above and beyond their work. I have got amazing rapport with some of the clients who have graduated from clients to friends over the years. And, most importantly, I have got a CEO who is more like a mentor than a manager.
They say, your workplace is a second home. Did you feel the same way here?
Absolutely! As we spend a considerable part of our awake time at work it becomes an extension of our home; a home where I am blessed to have one of the hardest and smartest working colleagues and team members. I have been blessed to have a lot of colleagues who have become life-long friends from various other departments. This helps bring different perspectives to various things in life.
Muvi has been a place where you go to work on Mondays on a happy note. I don’t remember the time I have faced Monday morning blues here at Muvi! It has been such a joy to log in every day with new challenges to tackle and grow, both professionally and personally each passing day.
How was your bonding experience with other employees?
Working out of the Mumbai office with only the sales team here I initially thought that I would have a very difficult time breaking ice with other team members operating out of Bhubaneswar. However, this apprehension was put to rest the first time itself when I travelled to Bhubaneswar to meet other teams. They welcomed me with open arms and have, ever since, made a lot of friends in the close to 6 years I have been with Muvi. We have even done a road trip across Odisha for a few days with fellow colleagues and friends. This helped me understand the state, people, and culture in a manner that I would have never imagined.
What would be your words for those who aspire to join MUVI in future?
There are 3 main things that I would advise everyone who want to join Muvi –
- Understand and love the products – It is imperative to know the product inside out irrespective of the team you are in or will get into. It will help you realise how the products are apt for the market demand and also help you have respect for the vision of the company.
- Work smart – It is extremely important to work smart. It will help you scale new heights in your career. For those who have watched the movie The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith will know how he became successful by working smartly during his internship – he didn’t put the receiver down while making cold calls to save those crucial few seconds to make extra calls.
- Squash status quo – Challenging the status quo is the difference between a high performer and an average performer. If we sit idle and continue to just do the tasks given to us we will become an average resource. However, if we squash the status quo and keep thinking of new initiatives then we will rise up the rank quickly.