Live sports streaming has become increasingly popular over the past years due to several reasons like watching sports in real-time from anywhere and on any device, interacting with fellow sports fans through live chats, and being able to take part in feedback and polls during live streams.
A recent survey revealed that 55% of the sports fans are interested in paying for online sports streaming over traditional TV broadcasting, while 65% of the youngest sports fans prefer consuming sports content on mobile devices.
As stated in a recent market report, the global sports live streaming industry is expected to surpass US $93.016 billion by 2030 while growing at a CAGR of 24.64% during the forecast period of 2022 to 2030.
The live sports streaming industry is enormous and undoubtedly it is the best time to start your own live sports streaming platform to grab the low-hanging opportunities and grow further.
To get off on the right foot, you need to choose a quality live sports streaming platform provider. And in this blog, we will list out the top live streaming platform providers in 2023 and beyond. So, let’s have a look!
The Top 7 Sports Live Streaming Platform Providers in 2023
1. Muvi Live
Muvi Live is one of its kind of live streaming platform provider that comes with a dedicated sports live streaming solution. One of its exclusive perks is, you don’t need to write even a single line of code to launch your sports live streaming platform with Muvi Live.
- Easy live streaming from any camera like mobile, laptop camera, or any other
- Ultra-low latency sports live streaming with auto-scalability that ensures seamless high-quality viewing experience even in the peak hours
- Sports live streaming from the nearest servers to ensure optimum streaming experience for the global viewers
- Live streaming any 3rd party feed acquired from other sources like TV stations or any other broadcasters
- Easy Integration with Muvi One, an all-in-one OTT platform that helps you launch your own sports streaming OTT platform and not only monetize your live streams but also extend your reach across web, mobile, and TV ecosystems
- Robust all-in-one security and protection including DRM, SSL encryption and firewalls
- Live chat to boost audience engagement
- Geo-restrictions to control the access to your sports live streams by the global audiences from various geographies
- In-depth analytics & insights feature that gives a complete overview on the KPIs like audience attention span, buffering time, devices used, drop-off rates, and others
- An all-in-one solution for sports live streaming
- No coding required
- Round-the-clock technical support
- Flexible pricing
2. Ant Media Server
Ant Media simplifies the process of live streaming sports while providing viewers with an engaging experience. It features multi-platform streaming, automated encoding, and a custom application programming interface (API). This streaming software platform offers industry-leading solutions for sports live streaming to reach out to a wide base of audience.
- Scalable architecture for live sports streaming
- High-quality streaming with low latency
- Easy integration with RESTful API and Open Source SDKs
- Both vertical and horizontal scalability
- Compatible with both on-premise and on-cloud
- Not that robust customer support
- Lacks performance measurement tools for test setups
- No dedicated solution for analytics & insights
- Tech documentation is not that well-structured
Restream offers a compact live streaming solution that can be leveraged for live sports streaming to reach a wide audience base. It lets you live stream simultaneously on multiple social media and offers audience engagement solutions like highlighting messages from multiple channels, adding CTAs, and others.
- Simultaneous multiple platforms streaming
- Live Chat
- Analytics and insights
- Scheduler to stream recorded sports videos live
- Easy to use, intuitive user interface
- Easy social media live streaming
- Audience engagement solutions
- Frequent technical glitches for the extended platforms it connects to
- Lacks a competitive embedded video player
- More suitable for small businesses
Dacast is a live streaming platform provider with multiple solutions like live events streaming, enterprise streaming, edtech streaming, and others. It offers a dedicated live sports streaming solution with multiple features as listed below.
- Sports live stream recording
- Multiple monetization options
- Analytics & insights
- Customizable video player
- Seamless professional sports live streaming
- Easy to configure and set up
- Scalable live recording
- The learning curve is not that simple
- The steps to live stream is not that user-friendly
Wowza offers an interactive sports live streaming solution with ultra-low latency. Highly engaging sports live streams, cross-platform compatibility, and easy scalability are some of its top highlights.
- Seamless scalable live streaming
- Real-time analytics
- Low-latency & interactive live streaming
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Flexible pricing plans
- Technical support is not that efficient and may incur additional cost
- Complex to set up
- Not that user-friendly
BoxCast is another well-known name among the live sports streaming platform providers. Its flexible platform lets you live stream any sports events to a large audience base seamlessly. Its dedicated live sports streaming solution comes with a lot of competitive features. Let’s have a look.
- Automated live stream scheduling
- Social media live streaming
- Multiple monetization models
- User engagement tools
- High-quality live sports streaming
- High flexibility and scalability
- Doubt solving and technical support sessions
- Lacks in-depth analytics feature
- Many of the crucial features are only available in the higher subscriptions
- Lacks ease of setup and usage
This professional live streaming platform provider comes with a range of highly sought-after features like branding, multistreaming, and others and is suitable for sports live streaming. The top features, pros, and cons of Streamyard are as shown below.
- Multistreaming to diverse platforms
- Audience engagement tools
- Branded sports live streaming
- High-quality sports live streaming
- Downloadable live stream recording
- Customization options
- Lacks overall competitive features
- No in-depth analytics
- Limited interaction features
- Limited monetization options
How to Choose the Best Sports Live Streaming Platform Provider?
- Research your options: Before selecting a sports live streaming platform provider, it is important to do your research and compare different providers. Look at the features and capabilities each provider offers, as well as their customer service and technical support to make the right decision.
- Check the cost: While selecting a live streaming platform provider, make sure you are aware of all the costs involved. Some providers may charge a setup fee, a monthly subscription fee, or maintenance/additional features fees. You must have a clear idea about what you are paying for, what’s included, and what’s not.
- Analyze the features: Different live sports streaming platform providers offer different features; don’t only focus on the basic requirements but ensure that you can avail competitive advantages through additional features.
- Look for scalability: The best live sports streaming platform providers will offer a solution that can grow with your business needs and expanding audience base. Look for a platform provider that can be easily scaled up to accommodate changes in your viewership.
The Bottom Line
With the availability of a myriad of live sports streaming platform providers, it can be quite a challenging task to pick up the best one. While high-quality buffer-free streaming is one of the basic requirements for any sports live streamer, there’s more to focus on.
The above information will help you have a clear understanding of the top features, pros, and cons of each of these live sports streaming platform providers and will help you pick up the most suitable one.
As already discussed, Muvi Live, an industry-grade live streaming platform provider can be your choice if you want hassle-free live streaming with a lot of competitive features. Not only does Muvi Live help you stand out from the crowd of other live sports streams but offers an easy learning curve and no-coding platform to make your every task simpler than ever in the long run.
If you want to explore it firsthand, sign up to start free today (no credit card required)!
- Is Launching a Sports Live Streaming Platform Profitable?
Launching a sports live streaming platform can be highly profitable. Offering exclusive content from popular leagues and teams can attract viewers willing to pay for premium content.
- Does One Need Good Technical Knowledge to Launch a Sports Live Streaming Platform?
No, you do not need good technical knowledge to launch a sports live streaming platform provided you choose the right live sports streaming platform provider like Muvi Live which offers a no-coding live streaming solution.
- What’s the Best Way to Launch Your Own Branded Sports Live Streaming Platform?
The best way to launch your own branded sports live streaming platform is to opt for a live streaming platform provider. You must assess its features beforehand and ensure that it offers an easy-to-launch solution.
- What is the Future of Sports Live Streaming?
The future of sports live streaming has great potential. Faster internet, rising smart device usage, and advanced streaming technologies will make it even more popular than ever among the sports enthusiasts. The global sports live streaming market is forecast to surpass US $93 billion by 2030 which depicts well how lucrative its future is.