Since the inception of the pandemic, thousands of gyms are closing around the world and fitness enthusiasts are increasingly turning to digital channels to meet their fitness needs. According to research, 59% of Americans don’t plan on renewing their gym memberships once the pandemic ends. If you are a fitness trainer, it’s high time you start your online fitness studio and start making money. To help you claim your piece of the pie, this blog gives you a basic guide to make money in the fitness industry online.
How to Make Money with Online Fitness Classes?
Here are the steps to make money with online fitness classes:
Start an Online Fitness Website
An online fitness website is the first place your viewers get to watch your videos. It’s like your own video hub where you can display your on-demand or live fitness videos, nutritional advices, downloadable training plans, specialized courses or even sell your branded merchandise.
By creating an online fitness website, you can reach out to thousands of viewers at the same time without leaving the safety of your studio. You can create flexible work hours according to your preferred timings, set your own prices and even earn monthly recurring income. In short, you can get the best of everything!
Research shows that online trainers who have their own websites earn an average of $6000 per month!
Although this may sound like an unachievable goal, this is actually achievable if you start to create your own fitness brand through your website and marketing efforts!
Launch your Fitness App
According to Statista, the number of smartphone subscriptions worldwide today surpasses 6 billion! So, you can well imagine the number of potential clients that can subscribe to your fitness app if you launch one! Having your fitness app enables you to reach a larger audience base who are also on the lookout for flexible workout sessions based on their schedule. Whether your clients are at home, in the gym, or even on vacation, they can pick up where they left off, on-the-go.
Along with your video website, owning apps can help you scale your business further and offer more value to your clients. By launching an app, your users can connect in every device with
- Smart TV
- Gaming Consoles
Whether your app will only include on-demand videos or a mix of on-demand and live content, these are the thing you need to take care of when choosing an OTT platform:
- Tech handling: You won’t need to hire or manage a development team.
- Includes multiple monetization options: Set your price and sell your fitness studios be it through subscriptions, ad based or ppv.
- Owns customer support: Outsource commonly asked questions and save time (and money) in the process.
Also Read: Launch your Fitness App with Muvi in 3 Easy Steps
Sell Workout Plans
One of the ways you can make money from your fitness app is when you know how to turn your expertise into ready-to-use & downloads. Take your online personal training platform to the next level by offering specially curated plans for clients in a downloadable or PDF format.
You can sell your plans to:
- People in your online audience
- People in your gym who want a training plan but not one-on-one training
You can also combine several PDFs into complete ebooks catering to different genres of fitness for your clients.This type of product is excellent for people who prefer working out alone but still want the guidance and input of a trainer.
Stream Live Fitness Classes
Balancing on-demand training with live stream workouts is an excellent way for fitness professionals to market their services and generate revenue. There are many benefits of live streaming fitness classes:
- Live streaming you to maintain your normal class schedule and follow your workout routine.
- Live streaming allows for a scope of personal connection between you and your customer which is a great advantage in times of the pandemic. You can directly see how your coach is performing the exercises and this gives better clarity and helps you perform your workouts better.
- The social interaction that comes from live streaming fitness classes is a source of great advantage for both you and your clients. The live interaction helps motivate and support your customers throughout the workout, just the way you would in an in-person class.
- With live streaming, you don’t have to deal with hours of editing. It takes the same amount of time as your class schedule, and you have much more flexibility.
Live videos are a great marketing tool for earning more money. Of course there are many fitness studios that archive their live streams,but it’s advisable to not follow this practice. If you allow your exclusive live classes to remain available for non-subscribers, you’ll reach more people and better the odds of earning their business in the future.
Muvi Live App enables you to live stream all your fitness sessions with ultra-low latency so that your viewers can attend the at-home workouts and stay fit. That too, without any OBS integration hassles! No technicalities whatsoever.
A simple but trusted method of income is affiliate. By endorsing the products you already use, you can earn a commission whenever one of your recommendations nets a sale. The fitness products you use for affiliate marketing include:
- Yoga mats
- Resistance bands
- Exercises balls
- Training aids
- Fitness trackers and watches
Here’s how it works- You can affiliate a product when you tend to use it regularly. So you basically recommend the same trusted-brand products to your users and receive a profit share once your recommended product is purchased.
What Muvi Offers to Online Fitness Trainers:
Many fitness enthusiasts are saying goodbye to physical fitness studios and migrating to a virtual environment and making good business thanks to the extremely adaptable and fully featured OTT platforms that makes their fitness journey easier. Hope we have been able to guide you through the entire process of making money with online fitness classes.
Create your own branded fitness studio online using Muvi’s highly customizable OTT platform! Take a 14-day Free trial, now!