One of the most impactful results of digitization is the revolution in marketing in diverse industries and the e-commerce sector is no exception. The e-commerce sector is increasingly adopting videos as a means of marketing their products, reaching out to new customers and keeping engagement with existing customers high. Be it product launches, or flash sales or demonstrating product features to customers/users, videos are being used more than ever.
In a recent survey, nearly 84% of the consumers claimed that watching a brand’s videos convinces them enough to make buying decisions for their products. And this is exactly why videos have become no less than a potential marketing tool for e-commerce companies. If you have an e-commerce business and yet to utilize such potential videos for marketing, then it’s high time to adopt it. And in order to get started, the first thing you need is a quality video hosting solution. To ease your task, here we are listing out the best video hosting solutions for e-commerce industry in 2022.
Let’s have a look!
The Best Video Hosting Solutions for E-commerce Industry in 2022
1. Muvi Flex
Designed to host and manage enterprise-grade videos, Muvi Flex is an all-in-one video hosting solution for your e-commerce business that not only gives a robust and scalable hosting solution but offers additional benefits to give your e-commerce marketing a competitive edge.
- Unlimited Content Storage
- Designed to fit industry specific requirements and standards including e-commerce industry
- HTML5-based online video player
- Seamless social media integration so that you can leverage every platform – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Easily integrable with any app/website/platform/third party solution
- Easy content workflow that needs zero coding
- Piracy protection
- Offers a range of affordable pricing plans
- Managing everything from the CMS (Content Management System) can be overwhelming at times
Swarmify is a video hosting solution that offers unlimited video CDN (Content Delivery Network) and hosting for any business. It offers easy integration and a flexible range of pricing from small businesses to enterprises. While it can be a go-to solution to start hosting your e-commerce videos, in the long run it may lack enough solutions, especially if you are growing your businesses and want more competitive advantages.
- Affordable for even small businesses
- Simple-to-understand solutions
- Options to choose billing based on views instead of storage and bandwidth
- Easy-to-use wordpress plugins and integrates with any platform
- No additional solution for easy social media integration
- Doesn’t offer solutions to help in personalized branding of your e-commerce store
- Works good if you want to use YouTube videos on your website but not so efficient to give robust all-in-one e-commerce video hosting solution for multiple platforms
WixVideo can be used as a free video hosting solution (limited) if you have just started your business/have a tight budget/ don’t want to spend much on video hosting. While it is more suitable to be used in the website built by Wix tools, it may not suffice your long term hosting requirements.
- Lets you create/edit/host videos for your business
- Free starter plan
- Offers free media collection to help you create e-commerce promotional/brand videos
- The storage is limited based on the pricing plan you choose
- Not ideal for medium to large e-commerce businesses
- The content management system is complex and thus time consuming to navigate through
- Not much flexible to accommodate dynamic video marketing content
Also Read: How to Choose the Right Video Hosting Platform?
4. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services or AWS is an expensive video hosting solution that caters to the video hosting requirements of your e-commerce business. It is a leading cloud provider and quite reliable and efficient to host your videos and provide a seamless viewing experience to your customers. But you need good technical knowledge to utilize its true potential.
- Robust video hosting solution
- High security
- Easy scalability to match up your requirements while scaling your business up/globalizing it
- You need technical knowledge/support to understand and use AWS
- There are default limits set on resources including Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Expensive in comparison to other player offerings
- Chargeable support system
- General cloud computing issues while migrating like downtime, complexity etc.
Vidello is a video hosting and marketing solution that comes with multiple tools and you can use it for your e-commerce business. While it is easy to understand and integrate, it depends on your e-commerce video marketing plans that how effective it will be.
- Comes with HTML5 video player to let you embed your videos on any web page
- Customization options
- Video SEO solution
- Limited Storage & bandwidth
- High price compared to the features offered
- Lack of efficient customer support
- Lacks add-on features
The Bottom Line
Choosing a good video hosting solution for your e-commerce platform is trickier than it sounds. There are innumerable video hosting platforms in the market and apparently they all offer more than what you need, but the real scenario is something else. Only after a thorough research on the features of each, the applicability of the solution on your e-commerce platform, comparison of the pricing structure, complexity, learning curve and others should you make your final choice.
Muvi Flex, the comprehensive video hosting & management solution, is not only focused on the industry specific video hosting requirements for your e-commerce platform but it provides an all-in one solution – from video publishing to marketing them efficiently. Take a 14-day free trial and see the changes it brings on your own (no credit card needed).
Add your comment