Cloud hosting uses software accessible over the internet and all the data and files related to video/audio streaming are stored there. Broadcasters can easily access those stored files or data through the internet. But that’s not it, there are certain benefits of a cloud hosting platform that are compelling the leading industry players to opt for it. To give you a glimpse, according to a recent report, the global cloud video streaming industry is set to grow at 13.8% CAGR to reach US $16.6 billion by 2024. And if you are yet to consider a cloud hosting platform to stream your audio or video content, it’s high time to leverage it fully.
In this blog we will discuss thoroughly about why you should migrate your hosting platform to a cloud one. So, let’s get started!
Top 5 Benefits of Migrating to a Cloud Hosting Platform: Things You Need to Know
1. Greater Bandwidth and Speed
Sufficient bandwidth is mandatory to provide a smooth, buffer-free experience to the users without any time lags. By adopting a cloud hosting platform, you can avail larger bandwidth to accommodate your scaling needs and offer HD streams for the end-users. It is also the best option you can have for ABR (Adaptive Bitrate Streaming) that provides the best streaming quality irrespective of the devices, software or connection. Adaptive bitrate streaming is basically a technique that is used to stream multimedia over computer networks. As it dynamically tracks network conditions, CPU, memory capacity etc., the video quality for the end users is high, buffer-free which generally requires high bandwidth but is handled by hosting platforms efficiently.
2. High Scalability of CDN
The best of the cloud hosting platforms deliver content over a large network of edge servers that are positioned strategically across the globe. As a result the content delivery is much faster. And as the CDN (Content Delivery Network) here is highly scalable you don’t need to worry about the growing number of viewers, sudden spike in demand or streaming quality. These all are taken care of by the scalable CDN of such platforms.
3. Robust Security and Content Protection
Security and content protection go hand in hand when it comes to streaming online. Not only do you need to protect your content from any possible cyber attacks or threats but also need to ensure that your content is not stored, shared or distributed in unauthorized ways. Some of the significant pointers a proper cloud hosting platform can take care of-
- User Authentication- Ensures no unauthorized users can get access to your content.
- DRM encryption- Provides anti-piracy protection so that cyber hackers can’t hack your content during streaming or download them by using any third party tools or plugins.
- Watermarking- Though not every cloud hosting platform but definitely the quality ones come with this solution for additional security. This enables you to simply put the user name, IP address or others as watermark over your content.
- Geo-blocking- A cloud hosting platform equipped with GeoIP intelligence is capable of restricting content access over specific regions as per your requirements. Furthermore, it restricts the access for the users using VPNs to bypass the geo-blocking.
- Multi-Level Firewall and Server Level Security- Both of these features look after the data safety and security to an optimum level and prevents any chances of possible attacks like DDoS attacks. DDoS or Distributed Denial-of-Service attack is done by the online hackers to disrupt the normal traffic by sending multiple requests to the attacked web source. A cloud hosting platform with these features conducts a host of tests regularly like security audits, penetration testing etc. to prevent any probable attacks.
- Screen Record Protection- Your content gets another layer of protection as no viewer can screen record the streaming videos or even can’t take a screenshot of it!
4. Fast Disaster Recovery
By taking regular back ups and implementing disaster recovery protocols, such hosting platforms make the data recovery process faster and smoother upon arrival of such scenarios. Be it data centre, network or any other disaster recovery process, it executes it on time leaving no overhead for you of losing your data.
5. Time & Cost Effective
Once you opt for a good cloud hosting platform, you have already saved your time, effort and money associated with expensive data centers, on-site servers and their maintenance. Additionally it lets you spend more time and money on other aspects instead of on the resources to look after online streaming. As every detail of the streaming is handled by the platform, you can actually focus on growing your business, interacting with the viewers etc.
Using an on-premise platform for your streaming business may seem as a conventional thing to do, but with more and more companies getting inclined towards cloud hosting solutions, you may miss out on gaining several competitive advantages from it. And transferring your legacy infrastructure or on-premise data centres to cloud is the best decision you can make for improving, scaling and securing your business in this dynamic industry.
Muvi Flex is one of its kind of comprehensive audio and video hosting solution that comes with all the above mentioned benefits and features. It lets your streaming business stand out from the crowd by providing the exclusive perks like unlimited content storage, social publishing, HTML5 video player and analytics & insights to name a few.
Take a 14-day free trial today for first-hand experience (without using your credit card)!