Written by: Roshan Dwivedi
According to a research by Deloitte, the percentage of UK adults streaming video on smartphones has grown 5 times in the last five years.
Some findings from the study include:
- 57% of smartphone owners in the age group of 18-75 watched at least one video on their smartphones on a weekly basis.
- Smartphone ownership is now at 85% among UK adults, compared to 52% in 2012.
- Half of UK adults watched video on their smartphones in 2017 v/s one in ten in 2012.
- Short-form was the main format of video consumed by smartphone owners.
- 17% of UK smartphone owners watched short videos, live posts or stories at least once a day.
- 23% of UK smartphone owners watched short videos, live posts or stories atleast once a week. This number was higher for young people
- 54% of 16-19 year-olds watched short-form video on smartphones at least once a day, whereas 25% did so atleast once a week, according to the report.
- In mid-2017, long-form consumption was just 5% for 16-75 year olds.
- 13% of 16-19 year olds watched catch-up TV daily on their smartphones.
- 16% of smartphone owners between 16-75 watched live TV on their smartphones once a week or more.
Add your comment