Last Updated: 18th December, 2018
Collection and Use
We collect and use your information below to provide our Services and to measure and improve them over time. We collect and use the information we receive about you in the following ways:
- Browsing Muvi. You can watch videos on Muvi without having a Muvi Account. You also can contact us through our website or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
- Your Muvi Account. For some activities on Muvi, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching premium videos, you need a Muvi Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. If you’re subscribing to the Services to publish your content, we may ask for your company name and the domain name you will use in association with the Services. We use this information to authenticate you on the Services, and to provide, improve, and secure the Services.
- Additional Information. You may provide us with profile information to make public on the Services, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. You may choose to upload your address book so that we can help you find users you know or help other users find you. We may later make suggestions to you and other users based on imported address book contacts. You can delete your imported address book contacts at any time. If you email us or message us through the Services, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your account on our Services to your account on another service in order to cross-post between our Services and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from our Services within a few weeks of your disconnecting from our Services your account on the other service. Providing the additional information described in this section is entirely optional.
- Your Affiliate Account. For activities involving earnings and payment, we may ask for social security or EIN information, as well as banking information, in order to successfully process payments to you and comply with United States tax laws. This information will not be used in any other way.
- Usage Information. When you use Muvi, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the communities you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in Muvi (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your Muvi Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a “web beacon”) in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
- Links. Muvi may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
In addition to cookies, Muvi may use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. We use the information described in this section to provide and improve the Services, personalize the Services for you, and to better understand how you interact with our Services.
- Log Data. When you use our Services, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, and interact with our email notifications. We may also receive Log Data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services, including links to third-party applications. Muvi uses Log Data to provide, understand, and improve our Services, to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads.
- Commerce Transactions. You may provide your payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address (collectively, “Payment Information”) to complete a commerce transaction through our Services. To facilitate future purchases, we store your Payment Information, excluding CVV code, which you can remove from your account at any time using your account settings. We consider your Payment Information private and do not make such information public. We collect and store information created by your purchases made through our Services (“Transaction Data”). Transaction Data and may include the merchant’s name and the date, time and amount of the transaction.
- “Do Not Track” Signals. Because we want to provide you with a personalized experience on the Services, both in terms of functionality and advertising, we do not change our behavior based on a web browser’s Do Not track signal.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances described here.
- User Consent or Direction. We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account. Other users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you, share a video of you, or tag you in comment about a video.
- Commerce Transactions. If you engage in a commerce transaction on the Services, we may provide the seller, commerce provider or publisher with your name, email address, Payment Information and Transaction Data to facilitate payment processing, order fulfilment and dispute resolution (including payment disputes) and to help prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities. Please refer to these third parties’ privacy policies for information about their privacy practices.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, media that is intended to be made public, the people you follow or that follow you, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did), or reports to advertisers about unique users who saw or clicked on their ads after we have removed any private personal information (such as your name or contact information).
If you have a Muvi Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page. You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your Muvi Account and the features that are included in your community. You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through Muvi, in which case you can still explore Muvi, but Muvi may not be able to view videos through the Services or receive certain other Services from Muvi.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Muvi employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use Muvi services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California Residents have the legal right to request information about how Muvi and its content providers use and share their personal information.
At Muvi, we are serious about your personal privacy. Whether you are a California resident or not, if you wish to request a report regarding how your information is being used and shared, please contact Muvi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us here. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Notice
We are responsible for the processing of personal data we receive under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfer to a third party agent, and may be liable for onward transfers in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles.
Questions & Complaints
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Muvi commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Muvi at:
Chief Privacy Officer
6H Legacy Ln
Halfmoon, New York 12065
Phone: (860)896-5151 Ext: 10
Muvi is further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to BBB an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB are provided at no cost to you.
If neither Muvi nor our dispute resolution provider resolves your complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield panel. However, prior to such arbitration, a resident of a country participating in the Privacy Shield Framework, must first: (1) contact us and afford us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) seek assistance from our designated independent dispute resolution provider; and (3) contact the U.S. Department of Commerce (either directly or through a European DPA) and afford the Department of Commerce time to attempt to resolve the issue. If a resident invokes binding arbitration, each party shall be responsible for its own attorney’s fees. Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, the arbitrator(s) may impose only individual-specific, non-monetary, equitable relief necessary to remedy any violation of the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to the resident.
U.S. Federal Trade Commission Enforcement
Muvi’s commitments under the Privacy Shield Framework are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission.
Privacy Shield and Data Protection Contact
Your Privacy Shield and Data Protection Contact for the personal data that we process in connection with the Site is:
Chief Privacy Officer
6H Legacy Ln
Halfmoon, New York 12065
Phone: (860)896-5151 Ext: 10
We request you to include enough and relevant information to enable us to understand and respond to your question.
6H Legacy Ln
Halfmoon, New York 12065