Muvi Copyright Policy
Muvi abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and similar regulations in other jurisdictions by responding to written notifications of alleged infringement by legitimate copyright holders. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material residing on our websites and within the Muvi Service. Please note that Muvi does not control content hosted on any third party website, and cannot remove content from any website they do not own or control.
To submit a copyright infringement notification to Muvi, send a written communication to our Copyright Agent, as required by the DMCA, and provide the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed as infringing and information sufficient to permit Muvi to locate that material on our websites or within the Service (providing a URL is the best way to help us locate the content quickly);
- A statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by law;
- If you are not the copyright owner, a description of your relationship to the copyright owner;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA and similar regulations in other jurisdictions, anyone who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer or by Muvi. Therefore, if you are not sure whether material infringes your copyright, you should first consider contacting an attorney.
Muvi’s Response to Notifications
Following receipt of a proper written notification, Muvi will expeditiously remove or disable the allegedly infringing content. We will also notify the User that submitted or posted the allegedly infringing material, and provide them with a copy of the copyright infringement notification. We may suspend or terminate access to the Muvi Service of Users that repeatedly or egregiously infringe the copyrights of others.
If a User of the Muvi Service believes that their content was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, the User can send us a written counter notification that includes the following:
- The User’s contact information, including name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the User consents to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the User is located (or if the User is outside the U.S., the U.S. Federal District Court for the Northern District of California located in San Francisco, CA), and that you will accept service of process from the person who originally provided Muvi with the notification of infringement;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the User has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the User;
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA and similar regulations in other jurisdictions, any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Muvi will only accept counter notifications that meet the requirements set forth above and are properly submitted to our Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of a proper written counter notification, Muvi will provide the person that submitted the infringement notification with a copy of the counter notification, and will, on or after 10 business days following receipt of the counter notification, restore the removed material to the Muvi Service unless our Copyright Agent first receives notice that a court action has been filed to restrain the User from engaging in infringement related to the allegedly infringing material.
Copyright Agent Information
Both infringement notifications and counter notifications should be submitted to our Copyright Agent using the following information:
DMCA Notification / DMCA Counter Notification
42241 Violet Mist Terrace Ashburn, VA 20148