Earlier, owning a television network could only be possible if you were a big business tycoon with a lot of cash-flow. However, now you don’t have to wait for funding and depend upon investors to start an online television network. Virtual empowerment allows everyone to start their own live streaming TV with a limited budget and resources and reach global audiences effectively.
With fewer complications in the entry procedure, the competition in the industry is also growing tougher and tighter. Starting your online television network is quite easy, running a successful one is another aspect though; altogether, you only need a sound strategy in hand.
This guide will help you know how to have your own online TV network. Let’s dive deep for some helpful tips.
Why should you start an Online Television Network?
There are numerous advantages of starting your Online TV network as compared to a traditional one. However, there are three major advantages:
- Cost – You don’t have to build or rent a tower for broadcasting TV online. You also don’t need to have a huge set up with a hoard of employees dealing with several softwares to schedule and stream contents daily. Online TV gives you the flexibility to add and publish content all from a single dashboard without any knowledge of coding.
- Accessibility – Audience from any location can access your content the moment you air it. It provides audiences the freedom of engulfing content from any corner of the world.
- Lenient legal procedures – There are minimal to zero legal procedures on creating an online TV network. You don’t have to run through hard and fast legal steps to get your online TV accredited.
Other than these three above mentioned benefits there are some other key benefits of starting an online TV:
- You can provide on-demand service and offer more options & versatility to your audience
- You can monetize your channel by including different types of monetization models such as subscription based model, Pay Per View, Ad-Free etc.
Steps to start an Online Television network
List Your Goals and Reasons
Make a list of your objectives and sole purpose of starting an online Television network. You need to realize the reasons behind your decision of starting an online TV channel. Subsequently you must note down:
- What you are going to offer
- What times you prefer for broadcasting several programs
- What events you are going to broadcast
This information helps you better execute the strategy. It is ideal to focus on a niche rather than trying a mixture of all sorts of contents to please each and every stage of audiences.
Choose your broadcast and monetization model
After making a checklist of your objectives and purposes you must decide on a broadcast model. Essentially you can prefer between on-demand, linear 24/7, or a blend of both.
- On-demand: In this model, your audiences are not limited to a pre-defined schedule. They can opt for the content they would like to watch anytime. Example – YouTube, Netflix
- Linear: In this model, you essentially show your content 24/7 like a traditional model. Here the audiences are knotted to a schedule as well as you can broadcast both live and pre-recorded contents.
- Blend of Both: You can show both models such as show contents 24/7 to audiences as well as show them contents in an on-demand model.
Then you need to decide on a monetization model. There are three fundamental monetization models such as:
- Subscription based – Viewers pay a definite amount as subscription fee (monthly/quarterly/annually) to access your content.
- Pay Per View Model – Viewers can pay a definite amount to access content individually as per their choice.
- Free (ad-supported) – You are showing your content for free but showing ads to your audiences to earn revenue from ads. You can combine this model with a subscription-based model and allow the audience to pay if they don’t want to watch ads.
Choose a platform for broadcasting
With time, money and technical expertise you can build your platform from scratch to fully customize a video player on your own application or website. However, every individual won’t have sufficient time, budget and enough technical know-how to accomplish that. It is a wise decision to choose a ready-to-use as well as zero code online TV hosting platform as well as embed the player on your website. We would recommend using an Online TV broadcasting platform like Muvi Playout so that you can get a completely customized TV channel even without any coding knowledge or programming skills.
Choose your schedule for broadcasting programs
Now after deciding your broadcasting platform and model, it’s time to focus on creating a schedule for broadcasting programs. While preparing a schedule, you need to monitor your targeted audience and observe their behaviors.
Start Your Journey of building an Online Television Network with Muvi Playout
With Muvi Playout, it is quite reasonable and easy to start your own online TV. It helps you stream scheduled programs on your website, mobile or TV applications. Muvi’s broadcasting platform allows you to launch your own online TV and audio channel and broadcast pre-scheduled content sequentially. With Muvi Playout you get:
- Advanced content management
- State-of-the-art scheduler
- Built-in monetization
Boost your operational efficiency and trim broadcasting cost with Muvi Playout now! Start a 14-days free trial to know what you can enjoy using our broadcasting platform.