‘Experts in Content Management’ is the slogan that Contens owns and how! They are one of the leading hubs for newsrooms, so, if your website is on Contens, you are already on to a good start. All you need now is to get a recommendation engine that understands the needs of your website and your industry. Recommendation engines don’t operate on the basis of one size fits all, it has different algorithms for different websites as well as industries. You can learn more about different algorithms in this blog : Different Algorithms of a Recommendation Engine.
In this blog, we are going to explore more about how you can integrate Alie – an AI-based recommendation engine with the Contens platform
Integrating Recommendation Engine with a Website or App
There are multiple recommendation engines available in the market, and the steps to integrate them, in general, are –
- Configure your platform on a Recommendation Engine
- Find the relevant codes as per your platform and send them to your engineering team
- The engineering team will then do coding to integrate the recommendation engine
- Configure the data
- Create Banners/widgets for all recommendation types and then add it
- Add recommendation product’s Image URLs by using the relevant codes
- Add ‘Add to Cart’ option
- Select the Algorithm
- See the Output
Sometimes, it can take weeks to understand and implement these steps. Now, if the website has a tech team, then the burden usually falls on them to collect all the relevant codes for their platform. Yet, the end result cannot be promised. Which is why we recommend taking a free trial of any recommendation engine before you finalize your decision.
However, there are also some recommendation engines that won’t take long to deploy, such as Alie. Alie is an AI-based recommendation engine that can be integrated with any website in mere five steps. Based on the past experiences of customers from non technical backgrounds, it is for sure that no coding knowledge is required to successfully deploy the engine on your own. Here are the five simple steps of Alie through which you can integrate your website with it –
How to Integrate Recommendation Engine with Contens
1. Create a Project on Alie CMS
The steps are quite simple to be performed by anybody. All you have to do is create a project by logging in to Alie. The benefit of using Alie is that you can create multiple projects if you wish to; this helps in comparing the different algorithms used and in deciding which algorithm works best for your website.
2. Add data
There are several factors that come into play when you are adding data to your project. The first and foremost is that if you only wish to see how Alie operates, then you can simply choose from the data available in Alie; the sample data covers the three prominent industries – E-commerce, Food, and Media & Entertainment.
Now, if you want to try Alie with your website’s data, then there are two methods.
Adding Data Manually
For this, one only needs to follow two steps, but remember in mind you will have to repeat these two steps for User, Content, and Behavioral data from your website.
- Click on ‘Add data’
- Add ‘Import User Data’, and add the file from your website. Repeat this by clicking on ‘Import Content Data’ and ‘Import Behavioral Data’.
Adding Data Automatically
For this, the steps are a little complicated, but once you are done with it the data will be automatically extracted from the website. You won’t have to add the data again and again.
- Click on ‘Add data’
- Go to ‘Configuration’
- Click on ‘General Information’ and type your domain name
- Once you have added your domain name, you can see your data set and your universal ID for API integration. Important to keep in mind is that this universal ID will be different for each project you make under ALIE. To learn more about how you can add the data through API click here.
- Click on ‘Add data’
- Copy the entire code by clicking on ‘copy’
- Paste the above code into the head of HTML file (Look the below video for reference)
3. Configure the data according to your requirements
Once the data is imported from your website, you now need to configure the data fields and train Alie.
- Go to ‘Project’
- Click on ‘User data’ and add field to ‘User ID’ and ‘User Name’
- Click on ‘Item data’ and add field to ‘Unique ID’ and ‘Item Name’
- You also have the option of adding data types, but it is not mandatory as Alie itself detects the data types. You will get options such as ‘String’, ‘Float’ and ‘Integer’.
- For ‘Behavioral data’, you do not need to do anything as Alie is already trained.
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
4. Select your preferred algorithms
There are different algorithms available in Alie for you to choose from. List of algorithms –
- Other Users Choice
- Most Viewed
- End-User Interaction
- Cookie Based Recommendation
- Most – Purchased
- Customizable Recommendation
5. See the output in tabular grid or download it in JSON format.
You can see which product is being recommended to which user through the following steps –
- Select the ‘User ID’ or ‘Name’ from the available options in drop down
- Click on ‘View Output’
- See the output in JSON on the right side of the screen
- To see the output in tabular grid structure click on ‘Preview’
With Alie as your recommendation engine, you are spared the wait of months for an engine to get deployed. Interestingly, the Alie team also welcomes customizations which they ensure are delivered within a reasonable time-frame. Most importantly, Alie can be integrated with any website, doesn’t matter what hosted platform or programming language the website is based on, Php, Java or even Python.
The recommendation engine market is estimated to generate a revenue of 12.03 billion USD by 2025 (Source : IndustryArc). Evidently, integrating a recommendation engine is now a ‘Need’ and no longer a ‘recommendation’.
Hence, integrating a recommendation engine before it is too late for your organization to stay in the business is the way to go.
Try the 14-day free trial of Alie – an user friendly AI-based recommendation engine that offers multiple algorithms for you to choose from.
Add your comment