According to a survey conducted on video marketers, around 87% of the total participants agreed to an increase in revenue with video marketing. The positive growth factor of video marketing has persuaded businesses to start marketing their products/services through compelling videos. The current video marketing industry has revolutionized the traditional video formats by introducing the audience’s favorite short videos and reels. More and more people are interested in watching short videos than wasting their time on minutes-long boring videos. It saves time and delivers the exact information that the audience is looking for.
Video marketers publish videos frequently to match up the audience’s needs and keep up the engagement. As a result, the website/app gets massive traffic and conversions. But, the problem arises when your website is overloaded with videos, and it becomes impossible to smoothly handle video management operations like uploading, storage, search, monetization, video optimization, security, etc.
But with professional video hosting platforms, you do not have to worry about all these. Video hosting platforms allow businesses to upload their videos on a dedicated server. This way video creators/distributors do not have to worry about managing video libraries as they just have to insert the embedded video link into their website/apps and they are ready to go.
Here are the top benefits of using professional video hosting platforms-
1. End to end video security –
The video marketing ecosystem works on a cyclic process. First, the video is created, then uploaded on the website and monetized through subscription, pay-per-view, and advertisement revenue generation models. Users pay a pre-fixed amount of fee and get access to videos and businesses gain your revenue share.
This cycle goes on, and at some point, when the legal users (paid subscribers) download your videos and distribute them with others for free. This way, business videos get circulated among unauthorized users, and it impacts your revenue generation and the business brand value. This kind of content piracy is common these days. To stop such kind of unethical content distribution, private video hosting platforms supports-
- Dynamic watermarking –
Dynamic watermarking is one of the most adapted ways among video marketers as a proactive step towards stopping video piracy. It restricts the users from downloading the videos so that they can not redistribute the content.
The other popular way of video piracy screen capturing can also be prevented with watermarking. This kind of content piracy is easy and can do immediate media distribution as it can be done through handy smartphones. Dynamic watermarking supports overlay insertion of user name, brand, and other details. Hence, even if the content is pirated, it gets easier to track the actual source.
There are different customization options available with watermarking, for example, users can use transparent watermarks, movable/fixed watermarks, color and size customization, etc.
- Digital Rights Management ( DRM) encryption –
In video encryption, video is encoded so that no one can access it without the encryption keys. Encryption works fairly towards giving first aid protection to the video content, but the complexity comes in when the content pirators access the key and misuse the content. To help video publishers/distributors handle content piracy, multi DRM provides all-around security to the encryption key and blocks any kind of unauthorized access to the video content.
DRM encrypted videos can only be assessed through the encryption keys provided in the license agreement. With the implementation of codecs, unauthorized actions like edit, download, share, and playback are blocked, which restrict any kind of content modification.
2. HTML5 video player –
- Professional video hosting platforms support HTML5 video players. Implementation of an HTML5 video player on the website app builder allows the website visitors to watch videos regardless of the devices they are using, with zero buffering and the highest picture quality. This advanced video player is easy to integrate and doesn’t require any third-party software support.
- HTML5 video player also supports customization and is open to revenue generation model implementation.
3. Video CMS –
- With a video CMS, it becomes possible to do bulk video upload, which saves time and allows easy dropbox integration for content uploading. Professional video management systems enable video marketers to effectively build an ecosystem to centralize, manage and securely deliver their valuable video content.
- Professional video content management systems supported by private video hosting platforms allow users to search video files by file type, topics, etc. It also supports several marketing-friendly features: video scheduling, metadata management, video analytics, etc.
4. Enterprise-level Video Encoding –
- To match up with billions of VOD requests coming from users all around the globe, it becomes an absolute necessity to be compatible with video playback in different devices and browsers. Therefore, video files must be of a standard file format that can be played regardless of browser/device types.
- Auto-transcoding feature supported by professional video hosting platforms converts video files into the most suitable format for being played on a user device regardless of the device type, OS, browser, and internet speed.
5. Real-time analytics –
Private video hosting platforms provide real-time business analytics. The video analytics include an in-depth report on the number of video views, watch duration, number of playbacks, engagement generated by each video, viewers’ names, locations, email ids, etc. Tracking video analytics works best towards developing video marketing strategies based on audience behavior.
Video marketing is not an easy task but with professional video hosting platforms, it becomes easier for businesses to manage and monetize video libraries effectively. Muvi Flex is one of the best enterprise-grade video hosting solution providers chosen by broadcasters, publishers, and content creators all over the world.
Muvi Flex video hosting solution supports built-in CDN, HTML5 video player, multi DRM (PlayReady, Widevine, and FairPlay), social publishing, encoding & transcoding, video cards, WordPress plugin, etc.
To know more about Muvi Flex, we encourage you to take a 14-day free trial of Muvi CMS and experience its supremacy.