Chief UI/UX Designer
The Chief Product Designer would have an insatiable drive for excelling customer and end user experience, question user flows, has an eagles eye for UI, should have implemented a design system and productized design assets, and most importantly must be passionate about the end product. For us design is a business function that is all about providing our customers and their end users a delightful and seamless experience.
- You will take ownership of a user-centered approach and solid UI design capability to conceive and deliver valuable new experiences for our customers on content management system and end users on mobile, web and TV platforms.
- You will pair up with product managers and developers to determine what is should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touch points, help clarify what will be most critical to the success of a product, and define how we make those concepts real.
- You will collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams (design, product management, engineering, and data analysts) to conceive and produce new experiences, products and services. You will advise the team on what will create a highly engaging and intuitive user experience and be the voice for how design decisions will impact realization of product vision.
- You will design and deliver best practice user research, including helping the Product Manager frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct activities, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights. You will provide hands-on craftsmanship of the UI and you will push the boundaries with what is possible in partnership with technologists and product stakeholders.
- You will lead the creation of prototypes that help communicate and validate the optimal user flow, interaction model, and screen designs. You will also lead the creation of wireframes and mock-ups for UI (web and mobile) that the team can use to create stories and that developers can translate into code. You will collaborate with software developers and architects to review, iterate and refine product design during development cycles.
- You will establish design guidelines and process and create a world class design system including style guides, digital assets, service manuals and content guides. You will productize design and strive to improve the design process and value it adds to business.
In short you will be who people will reach out to for everything Design!
- 8 or more years of UX/UI design experience. Preference for candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments (B2B SaaS)
- Must have a designers eye to be able to translate complex concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes or prototypes
- Any experience with managing the design of templates or themes for mobile or web applications is an advantage
- Any experience with influencing the design and customer experience for a content management system, visual editor or a website builder will get preference
- Ability to work with customers and product teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and product vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, prototyping, heuristic analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be passionate about resolving customer and end-user pain points through great design and about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
|Job Category||Product Management|