Be it brand building or generating leads, display ads are an engaging and eye-catching way to target the right audience and wrap it together in a funnel that generates results. In the next three minutes, you will be getting detailed information on what display ads are, and its benefits.
What are Display Ads?
Display advertising is a method of online advertising that may include banner ads (graphic or text), for attracting the audience of a website, social media platforms, or other digital mediums to take a specific action. These are often made up of text-based, image or video advertisements that encourage the user to click-through to a landing page and take action.
Display ad campaigns are mostly charged on a cost per click (CPC) basis. This means that every time a potential buyer clicks on your ad, you’ll get charged an amount based on your overall bidding strategy.
Also, display ads can be useful for retargeting campaigns– curated ads served to users who have already visited a specific website previously.
Different Kinds of Display Ads
1. Banner Ads– One of the oldest and traditional forms of advertising, banner ads usually appear at the top of websites in a “banner” format. There are also expandable banners that auto-expand into the major part of the screen and allow users to “click to expand” from a banner.
Pros- Banner ads are the most visible and are noticed by customers instantly.
2. 360-degree Display Ads- 360-degree display ads are banner ads that create a spherical ad out of flat content. The ad can resize responsively or be customizable for your creative needs.
- Easy integration into your existing ad server or DSP.
- More effective engagement
- Publish tags responsive to any ad banner
- 360-degree banners are responsive to the mobile device’s gyroscope
3. Interstitial Ads- These ads appear as web pages that visitors get to see before they are directed to the original page they requested. They fully take over a user’s phone screen or browser window.
Pros- Effective ad engagement as viewers have to see the ads before they can visit the intended web page.
4. Overlay- Similar to interstitial ads, overlay ads are like pop-ups with a somewhat transparent background, for the purpose of background content visibility for users.
Pros- Overlays are slightly less intrusive because it doesn’t fully take the user away from their destination.
5. Rich Media- Rich Media is a broad term for creative ads using interactive elements such as video, audio and clickable elements. Rich Media ads are more complex and allow for greater creative freedom. Example- GIFs, a playable game, etc in a banner ad.
- Higher interaction rates
- More CTAs
- Larger space to provide visuals that are engaging
Muvi Ads supports multi-format ads across multiple platforms and devices.
6. Video Ads- Video advertising is promotional content that plays before, during or after streaming content. Video ads allow you to connect with your audience on a personal level and are well worth investing in.
- Higher engagement rate
- Better message clarity
- More conversions
Benefits of Display Advertising
Display Ads are Visually Appealing
Created with graphic content, display ads can be designed and styled based on brand persona. While regular SEM or Search Engine Marketing ads are text-based only and with character counts, limiting how effectively and quickly you are able to capture attention and convey your message. With display ads, you can use graphics, video, audio, and many other interactive elements to stand out to users and attract their attention.
Support Brand Awareness
visual component of display ads also benefits your business by facilitating brand awareness. Since display ads are branded and styled, a user can gather information on your brand simply by seeing your display ad, without the necessity of a click which is not the case in PPC ads where users have to read the text on the ad and then click through to a landing page.
Although display ads target specific audiences, this does not mean they limit the visibility of your business online. On the contrary, display ads give you the ability to appear on websites that are highly trafficked, but which are also related to the offer of your ad. By giving you access to a large audience, Display ads benefit your business in more ways than one.
Display Ads Support Retargeting
Another major advantage of display advertising is its compatibility with retargeting campaigns. Retargeting is helpful as it puts your ad in front of people who have previously visited your website. This is a way to reach out to people who have expressed interest in your business, and who could still be considering your business offerings.
Display ads can be tracked and with the data it provides, you can know exactly how many times your ads have been clicked. When you are able to track your ads, it ensures you are getting the most out of it. Clicks, impressions and conversions can all be tracked from analytics for more granular performance and engagement tracking.
Muvi Ads lets you host and deliver multi-format retargeting ads to your websites and apps seamlessly across multiple platforms. Supporting dynamic ad insertion, geo-targeting, and low latency as delivery, Muvi Ads requires no minimum views to open an account. Not only that, but you also get to Keep 100% of the Ad Revenue!
Take a 14-Day Free Trial, now!
Add your comment